Hello! I have a problem the documentation doesn't seem to help with. I am creating an epub from markdown, but I want to replace the titlepage with a pre-made image. The approach I thought I would take was this: 1) I can't quite work out how to get at the titlepage from a filter, since that's specific to the epub writer. So instead I use a custom template for epub3 output and replace the default titlepage with the following: [...] $if(titlepage)$
[...] 2) Run pandoc with a key 'epub_title_page_image' in the metadata, pointing to the pre-made image. I thought that by using this lua filter, the image would be added to the mediabag. function Meta (meta) local titlepage_path = pandoc.utils.stringify(meta["epub_title_page_image"]) local mimetype, contents = pandoc.mediabag.fetch(titlepage_path, ".") pandoc.mediabag.insert("titlepage.png", mimetype, contents) return meta end This doesn't seem to work. Checking with asserts, the image exists and is found by pandoc.mediabag.fetch. Then it is successfully added to the mediabag. But the output epub doesn't have 'titlepage.png' included in the media directory. The only clue that I can find in the documentation is that 'the pandoc.mediabag module allows access to the “mediabag,” which stores binary content such as images that *may* be included in the final document.' My best guess is that the epub writer checks to see if files in the mediabag are being used, and finding no apparent use here, discards titlepage.png. But I can't read Haskell, and I haven't seen such checks in my attempts to understand at the writer source. Is it instead something to do with returning an unchanged value for meta in the filter? If so, or if not, does anyone happen to know a good way to manage this? Thanks! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2466a754-96ab-4b5e-a887-5dba4d486867%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.