Hi John, I may not be an "expert" in JATS but as far as I know, numbered sections in JATS are as follows: ** Introduction

** Methods

** Cases

** Case 1

** Case 2

** Case 3

** Discussion

** Results

** Conclusions

When I use the *--number-sections* command in pandoc nothing happens but by passing the metadata command *chapters:true* the output is like: *1*Introduction

*2*Methods

*3*Cases

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3

*4*Discussion

*5*Results

*6*Conclusions

Hope it helped! Kind Regards, Tiago Manzato Em domingo, 20 de setembro de 2020 às 14:07:11 UTC-3, John MacFarlane escreveu: > > I'd like to hear from a JATS expert about how this should be > handled. And then it would probably require some additions > to the code. > > Denis Maier writes: > > > Hi, > > > > another JATS XML question. I need to have numbered sections. Currently > > `--number-sections` does that for some formats, but not for JATS or > > other XML formats. Is there a way to enable this? > > > > Best, > > Denis > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/dfdd99aa-e0ac-e713-ebfd-6e34ae5edbe5%40mailbox.org > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/24bf9ef9-b57e-49be-b86f-e6a5e68a4eebn%40googlegroups.com.