* Issue with File Attachments when Converting to MediaWiki Format in Pandoc
@ 2023-04-25 13:57 Filip Wojtelewicz
       [not found] ` <CAL+11QHLLiQ5UAeF5gRYX+LTddDKRv8rR7ezLeiPK6A695orvQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Filip Wojtelewicz @ 2023-04-25 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Dear Pandoc Support Team,

I am writing to report an issue I encountered while using Pandoc to convert
a document to MediaWiki format. Specifically, I am having trouble with the
META:FILEATTACHMENT syntax not being properly recognized and converted.

I am using Pandoc 3.1.2 on Linux. When I try to convert a file like
0MetaRun.txt that I am including with this email, everything works fine.
However, when I try to convert a file like MetaBug.txt, the terminal
freezes. I have waited for approximately an hour, but it was still frozen.
I am unsure where the issue lies.

Could you please advise me on how to properly use the META:FILEATTACHMENT
syntax for MediaWiki format conversion? I would greatly appreciate any
guidance or suggestions you can provide.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Filip Wojtelewicz

* Re: Issue with File Attachments when Converting to MediaWiki Format in Pandoc
       [not found] ` <CAL+11QHLLiQ5UAeF5gRYX+LTddDKRv8rR7ezLeiPK6A695orvQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-04-25 17:00   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <78F79D18-975F-4F6E-AF24-820558FB882E-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-04-25 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

We don't support META:FILEATTACHMENT syntax.
If you're getting a hang, it's probably another issue, but I didn't see any attachments.

@ 2023-04-26  6:33       ` Filip Wojtelewicz
       [not found]         ` <f3490c88-cb2c-4403-9174-53a2a7d8333dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Filip Wojtelewicz @ 2023-04-26  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

My bad i forgot to attach them.

wtorek, 25 kwietnia 2023 o 19:00:29 UTC+2 John MacFarlane napisał(a):

> We don't support META:FILEATTACHMENT syntax.
> If you're getting a hang, it's probably another issue, but I didn't see
> any attachments.
>
> > On Apr 25, 2023, at 6:57 AM, Filip Wojtelewicz <majk...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Pandoc Support Team,
> >
> > I am writing to report an issue I encountered while using Pandoc to
> convert a document to MediaWiki format. Specifically, I am having trouble
> with the META:FILEATTACHMENT syntax not being properly recognized and
> converted.
> >
> > I am using Pandoc 3.1.2 on Linux. When I try to convert a file like
> 0MetaRun.txt that I am including with this email, everything works fine.
> However, when I try to convert a file like MetaBug.txt, the terminal
> freezes. I have waited for approximately an hour, but it was still frozen.
> I am unsure where the issue lies.
> >
> > Could you please advise me on how to properly use the
> META:FILEATTACHMENT syntax for MediaWiki format conversion? I would greatly
> appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can provide.
> >
> > Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Filip Wojtelewicz
> >
> > --
> an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAL%2B11QHLLiQ5UAeF5gRYX%2BLTddDKRv8rR7ezLeiPK6A695orvQ%40mail.gmail.com
> .

[-- Attachment #2: MetaBug.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 613 bytes --]

%META:FILEATTACHMENT{name="cover_oh.png" attachment="cover_oh.png" attr="h" comment="" date="1442922192" path="cover_oh.png" size="1629754" user="StephanBaum" version="1"}%
%META:FILEATTACHMENT{name="cbl02716.jpg" attachment="cbl02716.jpg" attr="h" comment="" date="1443784268" path="cbl02716.jpg" size="115489" user="StephanBaum" version="1"}%
%META:FILEATTACHMENT{name="Minen_Escondida_D_Mi_0003_Original_16703.jpg" attachment="Minen_Escondida_D_Mi_0003_Original_16703.jpg" attr="h" comment="" date="1447160895" path="Minen_Escondida_D_Mi_0003_Original_16703.jpg" size="5032505" user="StephanBaum" version="1"}%

[-- Attachment #3: 0MetaRun.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 345 bytes --]

@ 2023-04-26 19:14           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-04-26 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Can't reproduce the issue here. It converts quickly.
But META:FILEATTACHMENT isn't supported anyway.