* quoted atoms highlighted as errors in prolog
@ 2022-10-13 20:03 Antonio Piccolboni
       [not found] ` <34ee4a2d-b80d-4a44-acca-c68fc55fb380n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antonio Piccolboni @ 2022-10-13 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi

This simple example of prolog

```{.prolog}
afact("Fact").
```
gets converted into this html (please note the class="er" around "Fact",
straight pandoc cmd with no options)

class="sourceCode prolog"><span id="cb1-1"><a href="#cb1-1"
aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"></a>afact(<span

and this latex (please note the ErrorTok{Fact})
\begin{Shaded}
\begin{Highlighting}[]
\NormalTok{afact(}\OtherTok{"}\ErrorTok{Fact}\OtherTok{"}\NormalTok{)}\KeywordTok{.}
\end{Highlighting}
\end{Shaded}

I am a complete Prolog noob, but that looks fine to me and SWI Prolog
accepts it. Why is it marked as an error token? It results in a bold red
font with pygments, quite eye-piercing. Thanks

Antonio

* Re: quoted atoms highlighted as errors in prolog
       [not found] ` <34ee4a2d-b80d-4a44-acca-c68fc55fb380n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-10-13 20:37   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <D385346A-F711-4D6C-B6CC-68454AC03B8A-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-10-13 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I don't know, but pandoc's highlighting is based on KDE syntax definitions.
So first step is to see if you get a similar result in the Kate editor.
If you do, the problem is with the prolog.xml definition we build on, and it
should be reported upstream.  If not, the problem may lie in pandoc's
(really skylighting's) implementation of the KDE syntax definitions.
See jgm/skylighting - the README.md there has more information.

@ 2022-10-13 21:40       ` Antonio Piccolboni
       [not found]         ` <18f7f4df-2bc8-4244-848c-c07fef627f51n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antonio Piccolboni @ 2022-10-13 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

New to Kate, but AFAICT no problem there (saved code in .prolog file, atom
highlighted in green, not bold red). Looking into skylighting

@ 2022-10-13 21:47           ` Antonio Piccolboni
       [not found]             ` <da61c885-da73-4ff3-8d92-72df8510bdf3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antonio Piccolboni @ 2022-10-13 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Skylighting does show the problem:

 *skylighting* -s prolog kate.prolog

generates the red highlight. When generating latex, it generates the
\ErrorTok cmd.

I suppose I should report a bug there?

@ 2022-10-13 21:48               ` Antonio Piccolboni
From: Antonio Piccolboni @ 2022-10-13 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

PS: I installed skylighting from brew and not from source.

@ 2022-10-13 22:50               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-10-13 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

> On Oct 13, 2022, at 2:47 PM, Antonio Piccolboni <piccolbo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> Skylighting does show the problem:
>
>  skylighting -s prolog kate.prolog
>

> generates the red highlight. When generating latex, it generates the \ErrorTok cmd.
>
> I suppose I should report a bug there?

Yes, please!