* Pandoc filter to always convert markdown quote block (with >) to LaTeX "\begin{quote}"
@ 2023-08-26 11:47 -
       [not found] ` <2a015fad-470a-45bc-8b5c-4b31ec1db746n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: - @ 2023-08-26 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I just switched from pdftex to luatex and now some stuff is working
differently.

In my markdown files I use quote blocks with *>* I'd like to always be
converted to *\begin{quote}*

e.g. my note might look like this
*page-number 23 *
*> abc text other text *

*> second quote block *

because there's no newline before the first blockquote, LaTeX or Pandoc
instead turn it into *\textgreater{}* which prints it as page-number "*23>abc
text*"

How would a filter look that instead prints it as desired, so
*page-number 23 *
*\begin{quote} *
*abc text*
* \end{quote} *
*other text etc. *

Thanks!

* Re: Pandoc filter to always convert markdown quote block (with >) to LaTeX "\begin{quote}"
       [not found] ` <2a015fad-470a-45bc-8b5c-4b31ec1db746n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-08-26 12:30   ` 'Saku Laesvuori' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]     ` <DCB96F73-E986-4C8F-A2D1-67521B05A357-fz/45XiaGUo8FY+3fohqFA@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Saku Laesvuori' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-08-26 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

26. elokuuta 2023 14.47.42 GMT+03:00 - <paulschillinger93-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> kirjoitti:

>I just switched from pdftex to luatex and now some stuff is working
>differently.
>
>In my markdown files I use quote blocks with *>* I'd like to always be
>converted to *\begin{quote}*
>
>e.g. my note might look like this
>*page-number 23 *
>*> abc text other text *
>
>*> second quote block *
>
>because there's no newline before the first blockquote, LaTeX or Pandoc
>instead turn it into *\textgreater{}* which prints it as page-number "*23>abc
>text*"
>
>How would a filter look that instead prints it as desired, so
>*page-number 23 *
>*\begin{quote} *
>*abc text*
>* \end{quote} *
>*other text etc. *

You can't easily do that with a filter, but you can just disable the `blank_before_blockquote` extension, i.e. run `pandoc -f markdown-blank_before_blockquote ...`

@ 2023-08-26 12:34       ` -
       [not found]         ` <6df4869d-77f3-40a7-b396-0555ace7cfaen-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: - @ 2023-08-26 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

That sounds good, but could you expand on the example a bit more?

I try running this: `pandoc -f markdown-blank_before_blockquote -r
markdown-auto_identifiers -w latex test.md -o test.tex` and this has the
same output as before.

@ 2023-08-26 13:32           ` 'Saku Laesvuori' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]             ` <C5F1072F-96A6-4551-9C21-84AB1339427B-fz/45XiaGUo8FY+3fohqFA@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Saku Laesvuori' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-08-26 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

26. elokuuta 2023 15.34.57 GMT+03:00 - <paulschillinger93-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> kirjoitti:
>That sounds good, but could you expand on the example a bit more?
>
>I try running this: `pandoc -f markdown-blank_before_blockquote -r
>markdown-auto_identifiers -w latex test.md -o test.tex` and this has the
>same output as before.

The -r and -f flags are alternatives, so I assume the later -r overwrites the -f. Try `pandoc -f markdown-blank_before_blockquote-auto_identifiers -w latex test.md -o test.tex`.

@ 2023-08-26 13:39               ` -
From: - @ 2023-08-26 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss