* Build, test and run
@ 2020-10-13  8:49 Torsten Goroll
       [not found] ` <c54b74c8-a196-4030-98ec-0575fa57f996n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Torsten Goroll @ 2020-10-13  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi

I'm new to haskel, cabal and pandoc. I tried to run the tests, for a first
idea, how it is working. From the documentation i understood, I have to
install haskel platform and then start with running the following command
on the cloned master: 'cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests'.
Doing so fails with the error message:

$ cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests
cabal.exe: --enable-tests was specified, but tests can't be enabled in a
remote package

What am I missing?

Regards,
Torsten

* Re: Build, test and run
       [not found] ` <c54b74c8-a196-4030-98ec-0575fa57f996n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-13 17:04   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m27drucb26.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-10-13 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Goroll, pandoc-discuss

I think cabal has changed its behavior if this no longer
works. We will need to update documentation, perhaps.
Where did you look for these instructions?

But this should work fine to build the project and run the tests:

cabal test

If you want to install it

cabal install

Torsten Goroll <torsten.goroll-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to haskel, cabal and pandoc. I tried to run the tests, for a first
> idea, how it is working. From the documentation i understood, I have to
> install haskel platform and then start with running the following command
> on the cloned master: 'cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests'.
> Doing so fails with the error message:
>
> $ cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests
> cabal.exe: --enable-tests was specified, but tests can't be enabled in a
> remote package
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards,
> Torsten
>
> --

* RE: Build, test and run
       [not found]     ` <m27drucb26.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-14  6:36       ` Goroll, Torsten
       [not found]         ` <591e77cde3b849f1bcd1bea3d2c098af-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org>
From: Goroll, Torsten @ 2020-10-14  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I found this documentation in the contributors guide: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#tests

cabal test/install look better, but don’t run through either. They both fail with the error log:

Preprocessing library for hslua-1.2.0..
Building library for hslua-1.2.0..
[ 1 of 26] Compiling Foreign.Lua.Raw.Types
[ 2 of 26] Compiling Foreign.Lua.Raw.Functions
ghc.exe: could not execute: C:/GitLabRunner/builds/2WeHDSFP/0/ghc/ghc/inplace/mingw/bin/ld.exe

Neither GitLabRunner nor ld.exe exist in this locations. How can that be fixed?

I think cabal has changed its behavior if this no longer
works. We will need to update documentation, perhaps.
Where did you look for these instructions?

But this should work fine to build the project and run the tests:

cabal test

If you want to install it

cabal install

Torsten Goroll <torsten.goroll-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to haskel, cabal and pandoc. I tried to run the tests, for a first
> idea, how it is working. From the documentation i understood, I have to
> install haskel platform and then start with running the following command
> on the cloned master: 'cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests'.
> Doing so fails with the error message:
>
> $ cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests
> cabal.exe: --enable-tests was specified, but tests can't be enabled in a
> remote package
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards,
> Torsten
>
> --

* Re: Build, test and run
       [not found]         ` <591e77cde3b849f1bcd1bea3d2c098af-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-14 12:15           ` Leonard Rosenthol
       [not found]             ` <CALu=v3JbGwvnny3s7K32UAwNv=uUS=AW1T+gGuTt+1o90zZdRA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Leonard Rosenthol @ 2020-10-14 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I've been using stack for building and testing - works quite nicely.

Leonard

* RE: Build, test and run
       [not found]             ` <CALu=v3JbGwvnny3s7K32UAwNv=uUS=AW1T+gGuTt+1o90zZdRA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-15  6:16               ` Goroll, Torsten
       [not found]                 ` <591ec2fe0e044661bdeddc0c66626f2d-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org>
From: Goroll, Torsten @ 2020-10-15  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

The following commands do compile the system:

stack setup
stack build

The following commands do not work:

stack test
stack test --test-arguments='-p markdown'

They fail by issuing five of the following error messages:

HttpExceptionRequest Request {
  host                 = "casa.fpcomplete.com"
  port                 = 443
  secure               = True
  requestHeaders       = []
  path                 = "/v1/pull"
  queryString          = ""
  method               = "POST"
  proxy                = Nothing
  rawBody              = False
  redirectCount        = 10
  responseTimeout      = ResponseTimeoutDefault
  requestVersion       = HTTP/1.1
}
(InternalException (HostCannotConnect "casa.fpcomplete.com" [Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 444>: failed (Connection timed out (WSAETIMEDOUT)),Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 444>: failed (Connection timed out (WSAETIMEDOUT)),Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 444>: failed (Connection timed out (WSAETIMEDOUT))]))

So how can this be solved?

Regards

Torsten Goroll <torsten.goroll-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org<mailto:torsten.goroll-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org>> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to haskel, cabal and pandoc. I tried to run the tests, for a first
> idea, how it is working. From the documentation i understood, I have to
> install haskel platform and then start with running the following command
> on the cloned master: 'cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests'.
> Doing so fails with the error message:
>
> $ cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests
> cabal.exe: --enable-tests was specified, but tests can't be enabled in a
> remote package
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards,
> Torsten
>
> --

* Re: Build, test and run
       [not found]                 ` <591ec2fe0e044661bdeddc0c66626f2d-g3hA60oVLng@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-15  8:42                   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]                     ` <87o8l3j2xq.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-10-15  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That's a problem with the server from which stack downloads
dependencies. Try again after a few hours.

Albert Krewinkel

* RE: Build, test and run
       [not found]                     ` <87o8l3j2xq.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-16  5:55                       ` Goroll, Torsten
From: Goroll, Torsten @ 2020-10-16  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Now it is working (with stack). The servers could not be connected because of a proxy inbetween.

Thank you all.

Goroll, Torsten writes:

> Hi
>
> The following commands do compile the system:
>
> stack setup
> stack build
>
> The following commands do not work:
>
> stack test
> stack test --test-arguments='-p markdown'
>
> They fail by issuing five of the following error messages:
>
> HttpExceptionRequest Request {
>   host                 = "casa.fpcomplete.com"
>   port                 = 443
>   secure               = True
>   requestHeaders       = []
>   path                 = "/v1/pull"
>   queryString          = ""
>   method               = "POST"
>   proxy                = Nothing
>   rawBody              = False
>   redirectCount        = 10
>   responseTimeout      = ResponseTimeoutDefault
>   requestVersion       = HTTP/1.1
> }
> (InternalException (HostCannotConnect "casa.fpcomplete.com" [Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 444>: failed (Connection timed out (WSAETIMEDOUT)),Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 444>: failed (Connection timed out (WSAETIMEDOUT)),Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 444>: failed (Connection timed out (WSAETIMEDOUT))]))
>
> So how can this be solved?
>
> Regards

Albert Krewinkel