* Pandoc 2.7.2 has changed YAML metadata string/number behavior versus 2.7.1
@ 2019-05-02  9:17 Rick Riemer
       [not found] ` <dbc13b5e-8524-41e0-ae97-453623522168-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Rick Riemer @ 2019-05-02  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm using Pandoc to generate a PDF file from Markdown via Latex to PDF. I'm
using a styled template (Eisvogel), and have been using it successfully
with 2.7.0 and 2.7.1. However, since 2.7.2, my build fails with the
following error:

   -
   - pandoc-buildError producing PDF.
   - pandoc-build! Undefined control sequence.
   - pandoc-build<argument> \@@scl
   - pandoc-build
   - pandoc-buildl.334 \color[HTML]{0}
   - pandoc-build
   - pandoc-build

If I look at the intermediate Latex file, this line contains \color[HTML]{0}
when generated with 2.7.2, and \color[HTML]{000000} when generated with
2.7.1 or earlier. The line comes from the template, which says:
\color[HTML]{$if(titlepage-text-color)$$titlepage-text-color$$else$5F5F5F$endif$}

I've set the titlepage-text-color in YAML metadata:
titlepage-text-color: '000000'

However, it seems that since Pandoc 2.7.2 this is parsed or substituted as
0 instead of 000000.

Note: I'm using the Pandoc Docker images, which may be useful to know,
since I don't know if Pandoc relies on external YAML libraries, or if it is
part of the binaries/project itself.

Is this a known issue? Should I submit an issue on Github? And if so, is
this felt as an issue with Pandoc itself, or with the Docker image?

Thanks,

Rick Riemer

* Re: Pandoc 2.7.2 has changed YAML metadata string/number behavior versus 2.7.1
       [not found] ` <dbc13b5e-8524-41e0-ae97-453623522168-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-05-02 17:07   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480k1s1gu6mx.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-05-02 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Riemer, pandoc-discuss

Please submit an issue on GitHub.  I haven't seen this
before and would like to track it down.

@ 2019-05-02 17:13       ` Rick Riemer
       [not found]         ` <CAEGTdLAunPiTrHoidmtQJfxrP0VrxymbQEvLrReXs3fH-5PXig-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Rick Riemer @ 2019-05-02 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)