* ANN: pandoc-select-code
@ 2023-03-17 21:12 ` Amy de Buitléir
       [not found]   ` <40756e3f-ae25-4d1c-bfd5-6ec8321dd51dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Amy de Buitléir @ 2023-03-17 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Announcing *pandoc-select-code*: a pandoc filter to extract only the code
blocks. You might use this, for example, to extract sample code from a
tutorial. This package has been available from my repo for a while, but I
have now uploaded it to Hackage, and also made it available as a Nix flake.

I originally developed this filter because I wanted something like literate
Haskell, but using Markdown. I wanted to be able to write a Markdown file
with Haskell code blocks, and then be able to compile and execute it, or
use Pandoc to produce a PDF. Cabal doesn't support that, so one workaround
is to pre-process the file using Pandoc with this filter and the
--write=plain option to produce a source file that can be compiled.

I also use this when I'm updating a tutorial I wrote some time ago; I'll
extract the code examples and verify that they still work with the latest
software.

Hackage: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-select-code
Repo: https://github.com/mhwombat/pandoc-select-code

* AW: pandoc-select-code
       [not found]   ` <40756e3f-ae25-4d1c-bfd5-6ec8321dd51dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-03-21  8:59     ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]       ` <2b5ac86b6bac4345a332c34ab1547e7e-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2023-03-21  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for letting us know about your new filters.

In general, is there any chance such information could be collected somewhere? I feel I’m missing out on a lot of stuff if I just try to keep track of these interesting things myself. (I know there’s this page https://pandoc.org/extras.html) And we also have a repo for lua filters, but I’m not sure Amy’s filters are covered by these resources...)

Best,
Denis

[...]

* Re: pandoc-select-code
       [not found]       ` <2b5ac86b6bac4345a332c34ab1547e7e-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>