* Installation directory on MacOS
@ 2023-01-31 13:27 Marco Noris
       [not found] ` <788bab18-b5c5-4458-9c86-ac09613be2c6n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Marco Noris @ 2023-01-31 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I just installed Pandoc on MacOS with installer. Now, I have to configure
Obsidian with Pandoc path, but  I don't know how to discover it... could
someone kindly help me?

Thanks!
Marco

* Re: Installation directory on MacOS
       [not found] ` <788bab18-b5c5-4458-9c86-ac09613be2c6n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-01-31 16:36   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-01-31 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Our own installer (from GitHub releases page) will put the binary in /usr/local/bin

@ 2023-01-31 18:57   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]     ` <1be0c094-ab7c-5f64-bbc9-2b92f1e3050c-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2023-01-31 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 1/31/23 8:27 AM, Marco Noris wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I just installed Pandoc on MacOS with installer. Now, I have to
> configure Obsidian with Pandoc path, but  I don't know how to discover
> it... could someone kindly help me?

Sure.  Here you go:

Answer:
/usr/local/bin/pandoc

How to find answer on your own:
In Termial, type:

which pandoc

```
danieltstaal@MacBook-Pro-DStaal ~ % which pandoc
/usr/local/bin/pandoc
```

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2023-02-01 16:21       ` Marco Noris
       [not found]         ` <bb894ee8-2abd-44e4-9a41-f44afa62b2b3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Marco Noris @ 2023-02-01 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you all...

which command is a great learning, thanks!!

@ 2023-02-01 16:31           ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2023-02-01 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 2/1/23 11:21 AM, Marco Noris wrote:
> Thank you all...
>
> which command is a great learning, thanks!!

Note that `which` tells you which binary you would run if you typed that
program - it does *not* tell you every version you have installed, or if
you have others installed, or help you find anything that isn't an
executable in your current $PATH.

But if you need to find the path to a program you can run from the
command line, it's quick and easy.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.