I've got a Lua filter that is meant to render certain document elements in a `boxedminipage` environment. To accomplish this feat, I give the element in a suitable `div`, and a Lua filter inserts the LaTeX environment. The document itself remains universal, but the Lua filter is resolutely intended for LaTeX. The filter adds a raw `\usepackage{boxedminipage2e}` to the `header-includes` of the metadata, but unfortunately when `-V header-includes=...` appears on the command line, it takes precedence and the document metadata is ignored. I thought of trying to use `-M header-includes=...` instead of `-V header-includes=...`, but that comes with its own problems: using the `-M` option, the argument on the command line is escaped. It is not clear to me if there is a mechanism I can use to put raw LaTeX in that spot. The issue of the command line overriding metadata has been discussed at some length on the issue tracker (https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/3139) and in pandoc-discuss, where a related issue is laid out in the last post (https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss/c/N6WhlmSPXbY/m/UYJJBdZwAAAJ). The discussion thread in pandoc-discuss is now two and a half years old, and it seemed to be in favor of a change. But as of pandoc version 2.11.1.1, no change appears to have been made, and issue #3139 remains open. Is there a workaround I can add to my Lua filter that will make it work in a self-contained way even in the presence of assignments to the `header-includes` variable on the command line? And is there any thought of #3139 being resolved one way or the other? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2e27c210-a276-4319-abd7-c81d5db7f7d7n%40googlegroups.com.