* Pandoc -> convert .TXT to .PDF >> no newline
@ 2015-03-11 21:47 Brieuc du Garay
       [not found] ` <6eb72651-b9cf-48e5-9cdf-cf9ea32ba19d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Brieuc du Garay @ 2015-03-11 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi !

I'm programming a bash script, and i'm come to use pandoc.

My bash script creates a text file as "facture"
____________________
| Brieuc Balme du Garay     Client Name
| Enterprise                Client adress
| +33.X.XX.XX.XX.XX         Client phone number

etc

BUT

When I test in my Konsole
"Pandoc facture -o facture.pdf"

it prints a .pdf file without any "new line".

I tried to rename the file then "pandoc facture.txt -o facture.pdf"
Same result.

Any idea ?

thanks
Brieuc

* Re: Pandoc -> convert .TXT to .PDF >> no newline
       [not found] ` <6eb72651-b9cf-48e5-9cdf-cf9ea32ba19d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-03-11 23:37   ` Matthew Pickering
       [not found]     ` <CALuQ0m9PEFT1XxS8SG4213eOQu-Cd+eYkE3v2NGTRin1WnX6tw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Matthew Pickering @ 2015-03-11 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Does this[1] section in the manual answer you question? In short,
single newlines are interpreted as spaces but if you want hard line
breaks then you can use `pandoc -f markdown+hard_line_breaks`.

[1]: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#paragraphs

@ 2015-03-12  8:52       ` Brieuc du Garay
       [not found]         ` <de496e17-7962-472f-96eb-f32fd685f7fa-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Brieuc du Garay @ 2015-03-12  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hey !
Thank for your answer. I manage "single newline" trick. It's cool, since I
have some " | " each newline.

I have somme trouble with Pandoc man (i'm french and didnt know markdown
etc...).
And I

I'm now looking for "tabulation".
In fact, my text file look to this (look for facture.jpg)
and then "pandoc -f markdown_strict+hard_line_breaks facture -o facture.pdf"
and give me "facture.pdf" joined to this mssg)

Thank for your help

Le jeudi 12 mars 2015 00:37:32 UTC+1, Matthew Pickering a écrit :

> Does this[1] section in the manual answer you question? In short,
> single newlines are interpreted as spaces but if you want hard line
> breaks then you can use `pandoc -f markdown+hard_line_breaks`.
>

> [1]: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#paragraphs
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Brieuc du Garay
> <brieuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > I'm programming a bash script, and i'm come to use pandoc.
> >
> > My bash script creates a text file as "facture"
> > ____________________
> > | Brieuc Balme du Garay     Client Name
> > | Enterprise                Client adress
> > | +33.X.XX.XX.XX.XX         Client phone number
> >
> > etc
> >
> > BUT
> >
> > When I test in my Konsole
> > "Pandoc facture -o facture.pdf"
> >
> > it prints a .pdf file without any "new line".
> >
> > I tried to rename the file then "pandoc facture.txt -o facture.pdf"
> > Same result.
> >
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > thanks
> > Brieuc
> >
> > --
> <javascript:>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/6eb72651-b9cf-48e5-9cdf-cf9ea32ba19d%40googlegroups.com.

[-- Attachment #2: facture.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 59315 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: facture.pdf --]

@ 2015-03-12  9:12           ` Jan Ulrich Hasecke
       [not found]             ` <55015868.7070309-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2015-03-12  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Have a look at YAML blocks and the usage of variables.

You could modify your bash skript that it creates variables in a YAML
block like this:

---
clientname : Peter Pan
clientaddress1: Foo-Street 1
clientaddress2: 12345 Bar-Town
(and so on)

Then you can modify the latex template using some kind of invoice
template. Include the variable names where you need them and call pandoc
with the modified template.

For example the variables from the YAML block in the template:

\begin{letter}{%
$clientname$\\
$clientaddress1$\\
$clientaddress2$%
}

pandoc facture.txt --template=invoice.latex -o invoice.pdf

This way you can use the typesetting power of TeX in a better way.

juh

--
Das ZEN von Pandoc
Bücher und E-Books einfach und professionell produzieren

@ 2015-03-13  9:16               ` Brieuc du Garay
From: Brieuc du Garay @ 2015-03-13  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw; +Cc: juh+pandoc-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w