I like the reversed pilcrow — on its own — a lot! (To me it also suggests that Pandoc is reversing the hegemony of WYSIWYG “word processors” which I loathe!) My two (three) worthless coins: 1. I think the idea that you can use the (reversed) pilcrow from any font is an important one. For that reason the logo shouldn’t require anything which *requires* flipping, rotating, kerning and the like. However in some situations it may be good to be able to simulate a reversed pilcrow by flipping a regular pilcrow “on the fly”. 2. Any graphics editor worth its salt (including LaTeX’s *graphicx* package!) should AFAIK be able to flip a text box/object so that you can reverse the ordinary pilcrow from any font on the fly. I know for a fact that Inkscape can, which is perhaps the most important as it is free and open source, since I have flipped and rotated text objects containing various Unicode arrows in it not too long ago. 3. Perhaps the logo could alternatively be rendered a black/dark square with a white/light reverse pilcrow, similar to the \[M↓\] logo for Markdown used e.g. on Stack Exchange, or as a reverse pilcrow in a box of the same color as the pilcrow itself. I’m thinking that it looks more like a logo that way. At least it should be a sanctioned variant, as should \[⁋\] — a reverse pilcrow in square brackets, to make it stand out better. Quite satisfactory “designs” on this theme can easily be created without any drawing skills in both LaTeX and HTML/CSS. # HTML/CSS Note that the colors below are only examples. [⁋]{.pandoc-logo .box} [⁋]{.pandoc-logo .frame} [[⁋]{.pandoc-logo .box} Made with Pandoc]{.made-with-pandoc} [ [⁋]{.pandoc-logo .box} Made with Pandoc\ ]{.made-with-pandoc} /* Square box with pilcrow inside */ span.pandoc-logo { display: inline-block; font-family: "Noto Serif"; font-style: normal; font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.35em; width: 1.5em; height: 1.5em; text-align: center; } /* Dark square with light pilcrow */ span.pandoc-logo.box { color: white; background-color: black; /* background-color: crimson; */ } span.pandoc-logo.frame { border: 1px solid; } span.made-with-pandoc { display: inline-block; border: 1px solid; padding: 0.5em; /* font-weight: bold; */ font-style: italic; font-family: "Noto Sans"; color: black; background-color: white; } span.made-with-pandoc .box { background-color: crimson; } span.made-with-pandoc a { display: inline-block; font-style: normal; font-size: 50%; width: 100%; text-align: right; color: crimson; text-decoration: none; } # LaTeX In LaTeX you can, through the *graphicx* package, produce a reversed pilcrow with `\reflectbox{\P}`, thus reversing the ordinary pilcrow of whatever font you are using. The following isn’t *dead* simple, but satisfactory for a quite sophisticated design: --- mainfont: Noto Serif header-includes: - | ````{=latex} \usepackage{graphicx} ```` --- \fbox{\Huge\makebox[1em][c]{\reflectbox{\P}}} \colorbox{black}{\Huge\makebox[1em][c]{\reflectbox{\textcolor{white}{\P}}}} \fbox{\textcolor{red}{\fbox{\Huge\makebox[1em][c]{\reflectbox{\P}}}} Made with Pandoc} Attached are three commands for typesetting a reverse pilcrow in a colored and/or framed box, black/white by default but allowing custom colors. Note that the colors are only examples. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2f0b25a7-06ec-8823-4f80-e62be3b65fe8%40gmail.com.