Lua filters are my hammer which makes everything look like a nail, so here is a suggestion on using those to get what you want: function Meta(meta) local f = io.open(meta.metadata_file, 'r') local content = f:read('*a') f:close() return pandoc.read(content).meta end Safe the above to a file and call pandoc with --lua-filter=.lua and --metadata=metadata_file:. It will overwrite all metadata using the contents of the yaml file. See also this issue: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/3115 On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:34:02 PM UTC+1, scl...-DpHT0TjK6O80n/F98K4Iww@public.gmane.org wrote: > > Hmm ok - I'll look into that :) > > The workflow is probably more edge case from the standard use of pandoc > for academic writing. > > What we want to achieve: > > User -> editor of choice -> save in native format > Apply YAML metadata with user details and extracted customer/client > details from CRM > Apply customised style to ensure consistency > Apply template to ensure consistent cover page, TOC format, > copyright/confidentiality notice, commercial in confidence footer > > Export to PDF for all the good reasons you use PDF for official documents > ;) > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/323e407c-d9ae-429a-b951-1dc5b87a624b%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.