* LaTeX: Support for biblatex's bibliographies subdivided by keywords?
@ 2018-09-23 20:04 Alfonso Muskedunder
       [not found] ` <06825e68-dd12-42cd-a576-49a7000bd552-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alfonso Muskedunder @ 2018-09-23 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Another question regarding LaTeX features...

biblatex has a handy feature that let's you subdivide your bibliography by
keywords. Here's a small example:
```
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[style = authoryear]{biblatex}
\usepackage{filecontents}
\begin{filecontents}{test.bib}
  @book{Knu86,
    author = {Knuth, Donald E.},
    year = {1986},
    title = {The \TeX book},
  }
  @book{Nie72,
      author = {Nietzsche, Friedrich},
      title = {Die Geburt der Tragödie aus dem Geiste der Musik},
      year =  {1872},
      keywords = {source},
  }
\end{filecontents}
\addbibresource{test.bib}

\begin{document}

\cites[23]{Knu86}[65]{Nie72}

\printbibheading[%
    heading=bibliography,%
    title={Literaturverzeichnis}]
\printbibliography[%
    keyword=source,%
    heading=subbibliography,
    title={Primärliteratur}]
\printbibliography[%
    notkeyword=source,%
    heading=subbibliography,%
    title={Sekundärliteratur}]
\end{document}
```

Is there a way to incorporate something along these lines into pandoc?

* Re: LaTeX: Support for biblatex's bibliographies subdivided by keywords?
       [not found] ` <06825e68-dd12-42cd-a576-49a7000bd552-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-09-24 17:03   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-24 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfonso Muskedunder, pandoc-discuss

This is more of a pandoc-citeproc issue.
See https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-citeproc/issues/89

@ 2018-09-24 18:51   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <05c5adb9-4748-4c00-8e4f-80423ce5ee25-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-09-24 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 10:04:17 PM UTC+2, Alfonso Muskedunder
wrote:

> biblatex has a handy feature that let's you subdivide your bibliography by
> keywords.
>
> Is there a way to incorporate something along these lines into pandoc?

I wrote a Lua filter doing something similar as an answer to this
stackoverflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/q/49707298/2425163
However, one will need to sort the citations into different files for this
approach to work.

HTH,
-Albert

@ 2018-09-25  8:05       ` Alfonso Muskedunder
       [not found]         ` <19d3e249-3e24-4242-b476-33e4d868da12-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alfonso Muskedunder @ 2018-09-25  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you Albert!

One thing: In your SO answer, you describe that the two separate
bibliographies be included in the main document via

"::: {#refs_normal}:::"

Can I ask what the analogous commands would look like in a .tex document?

(FYI, I defined a 'metadata.yaml' file with the lines
"---
bibliography_secondary: test.bib
bibliography_sources: testsources.bib
..."
and tried to convert via "pandoc -s twoseparatebibs_master.tex
--metadata-file=metadata.yaml --filter pandoc-citeproc
--lua-filter=multiple-bibliographies.lua -o twoseparatebibs.docx".)

@ 2018-09-25 11:13           ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]             ` <575c8dcd-17a3-4290-853d-14068ceafec4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-09-25 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 10:05:02 AM UTC+2, Alfonso Muskedunder
wrote:

> One thing: In your SO answer, you describe that the two separate
> bibliographies be included in the main document via
>
> "::: {#refs_normal}:::"
>

> Can I ask what the analogous commands would look like in a .tex document?

 This should work: \hypertarget{refs_normal}{}

@ 2018-09-25 11:55               ` Alfonso Muskedunder
       [not found]                 ` <01e9a825-fea7-4a42-9a90-c4cb2896de27-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alfonso Muskedunder @ 2018-09-25 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you very much, I'm nearly there!

The remaining problem: the citations in the text do not appear correctly;
instead "???" is being printed. In the console, an error message such as
"pandoc-citeproc: reference Knu86 not found" is printed three times per
citation.

However, the bibliographies as such work perfectly; every cited reference
does appear, and they do in the right subbibliography.

Do I have to use a different citation command in the text as well?

@ 2018-09-25 16:06                   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]                     ` <74a2280b-ff5d-4fcb-b138-ec1f22824bf6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-09-25 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 1:55:06 PM UTC+2, Alfonso Muskedunder
wrote:

> Thank you very much, I'm nearly there!
>
> The remaining problem: the citations in the text do not appear correctly;
> instead "???" is being printed. In the console, an error message such as
> "pandoc-citeproc: reference Knu86 not found" is printed three times per
> citation.

I 'm not 100% sure, but I think I see the problem: pandoc-citeproc is
called as a filter on the command line before the Lua filter. This means
that it is also run before the Lua filter. Try removing the `--filter
pandoc-citeproc` parameter. The Lua filter will do the call to
pandoc-citeproc itself.

HTH
-Albert

@ 2018-09-25 16:27                       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-25 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Albert Krewinkel, pandoc-discuss

Albert Krewinkel <albert.krewinkel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I 'm not 100% sure, but I think I see the problem: pandoc-citeproc is
> called as a filter on the command line before the Lua filter. This means
> that it is also run before the Lua filter. Try removing the `--filter
> pandoc-citeproc` parameter. The Lua filter will do the call to
> pandoc-citeproc itself.

Also, make sure you don't use `--bibliography` on the
command line, since that will trigger the
pandoc-citeproc filter.

@ 2018-09-25 16:57                       ` Alfonso Muskedunder
       [not found]                         ` <6f8a5767-b85d-4003-a21f-6ed04dd51549-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alfonso Muskedunder @ 2018-09-25 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Albert, removing `--filter pandoc-citeproc` did the trick!

In fact, consistent with what you wrote, swapping the position of both
filters is sufficient to get the desired output.

One (minor!) irritating thing remains: With `--filter pandoc-citeproc`
removed, the console still prints "pandoc-citeproc: reference <XY> not
found" for every citation in the text - but now two times instead of three.
(With the citeproc filter at the 'correct' position, it's three, even
though the output is as desired.)

Thank ye very much!

(PS: I have attached my minimal working example, with the pandoc command in
the .sh file, just in case...)

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:06:39 PM UTC+2, Albert Krewinkel wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 1:55:06 PM UTC+2, Alfonso Muskedunder
> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you very much, I'm nearly there!
>>
>> The remaining problem: the citations in the text do not appear correctly;
>> instead "???" is being printed. In the console, an error message such as
>> "pandoc-citeproc: reference Knu86 not found" is printed three times per
>> citation.
>>

> I 'm not 100% sure, but I think I see the problem: pandoc-citeproc is
> called as a filter on the command line before the Lua filter. This means
> that it is also run before the Lua filter. Try removing the `--filter
> pandoc-citeproc` parameter. The Lua filter will do the call to
> pandoc-citeproc itself.
>
> HTH
> -Albert

[-- Attachment #2: 2sepbibs.sh --]
[-- Type: text/x-sh, Size: 162 bytes --]

~/.local/bin/pandoc -s twoseparatebibs_master.tex \
--metadata-file=metadata.yaml \
--lua-filter=multiple-bibliographies.lua \
-o twoseparatebibs.docx --verbose

[-- Attachment #3: testsources.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex, Size: 457 bytes --]

%% LaTeX2e file `testsources.bib'
%% generated by the `filecontents' environment
%% from source `twoseparatebibs' on 2018/09/25.
%%
  @book{Bel,
   author = {Bellori},
   title = {Le vite de' pittori, scultori e architetti moderni},
   year = {1672},
   keywords = {source},
  }
  @book{Nie72,
   author = {Nietzsche, Friedrich},
   title = {Die Geburt der Tragödie aus dem Geiste der Musik},
   year =  {1872},
   keywords = {source},
  }

[-- Attachment #4: test.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex, Size: 346 bytes --]

%% LaTeX2e file `test.bib'
%% generated by the `filecontents' environment
%% from source `twoseparatebibs' on 2018/09/25.
%%
  @book{Bae,
   author = {Bätschmann, Oskar},
   title = {Pygmalion als Betrachter},
   year = {1985}
  }
  @book{Knu86,
    author = {Knuth, Donald E.},
    year = {1986},
    title = {The \TeX book},
  }

[-- Attachment #5: twoseparatebibs_master.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 166 bytes --]

\footcites[23]{Knu86}[65]{Nie72}{Bel}
\cite{Bae}

\chapter{Sekundärliteratur}
\hypertarget{refs_secondary}{}

\chapter{Quellen}
\hypertarget{refs_sources}{}

[-- Attachment #6: metadata.yaml --]

---
bibliography_secondary: test.bib
bibliography_sources: testsources.bib

[-- Attachment #7: multiple-bibliographies.lua --]

-- file: multiple-bibliographies.lua

--- collection of all cites in the document
local all_cites = {}
--- document meta value
local doc_meta = pandoc.Meta{}

--- Create a bibliography for a given topic. This acts on all divs whose ID
-- starts with "refs", followed by nothings but underscores and alphanumeric
-- characters.
local function create_topic_bibliography (div)
  local name = div.identifier:match('^refs([_%w]*)$')
  if not name then
    return nil
  end
  local tmp_blocks = {
    pandoc.Para(all_cites),
    pandoc.Div({}, pandoc.Attr('refs')),
  }
  local tmp_meta = pandoc.Meta{bibliography = doc_meta['bibliography' .. name]}
  local tmp_doc = pandoc.Pandoc(tmp_blocks, tmp_meta)
  local res = pandoc.utils.run_json_filter(tmp_doc, 'pandoc-citeproc')
  -- first block of the result contains the dummy para, second is the refs Div
  div.content = res.blocks[2].content
  return div
end

local function resolve_doc_citations (doc)
  -- combine all bibliographies
  local meta = doc.meta
  local orig_bib = meta.bibliography
  meta.bibliography = pandoc.MetaList{orig_bib}
  for name, value in pairs(meta) do
    if name:match('^bibliography_') then
      table.insert(meta.bibliography, value)
    end
  end
  doc = pandoc.utils.run_json_filter(doc, 'pandoc-citeproc')
  doc.meta.bibliography = orig_bib -- restore to original value
  return doc
end

return {
  {
    Cite = function (c) all_cites[#all_cites + 1] = c end,
    Meta = function (m) doc_meta = m end,
  },
  {Pandoc = resolve_doc_citations,},
  {Div = create_topic_bibliography,}