* YMALStoring bibliographic information in XML or
@ 2018-01-27 12:13 James
       [not found] ` <36f2b28d-bd83-1ae7-36c0-cca6b74e9b1e-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: James @ 2018-01-27 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi everyone
For years I have been storing my bibliographic information in  .bib
files. Unfortunately I am not finding that the .bib format is
particularly human readable or extensible. Looking around for
alternatives, I was wondering if Pandoc can read from .xml files and if
so, how one would create a reference. I have tried to do this but
pandoc-citeproc tells me that my reference cannot be found. Also, can
anyone point me in the direction of a good introduction to learning YMAL
please, as I have seen this mentioned in the user guide as an
alternative to .bib.
Thank you.
Best wishes
James

* Re: YMALStoring bibliographic information in XML or
       [not found] ` <36f2b28d-bd83-1ae7-36c0-cca6b74e9b1e-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-27 16:00   ` John Muccigrosso
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2018-01-27 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

How are you generating those bib files? If you're in a citation manager
like Zotero, you can probably just export the file in another form. I use
json, myself, and then just point pandoc at that.

@ 2018-01-27 19:18   ` Bruce D'Arcus
       [not found]     ` <1aefef2c-ce92-4d63-a3fa-fd312ea0a999-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2018-01-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Pandoc can read MODS XML files.

I personally use biblatex these days, since it's more expressive than
bibtex, has good tool support (I use emacs), can be easily converted to
other formats (including MODS), etc.

@ 2018-01-28 19:05       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <20180128190554.GD80325-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-01-28 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can use pandoc-citeproc to convert your .bib to a
pandoc-readable  .yaml:

    pandoc-citeproc -y my.bib > my.yaml

+++ Bruce D'Arcus [Jan 27 18 11:18 ]:

@ 2018-01-28 19:29           ` James AUSTIN