* Mistaken lowercasing in series to collection-title, BibLaTeX to CSL-JSON
@ 2021-09-23 18:40 amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <c76601b8-0408-4ff7-b630-6e02b2006fd0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-09-23 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

With the BibLaTeX input below, pandoc converts the series name "Loeb
Classical Library" to "Loeb Classical library," downcasing the last word.
Brace protection is ignored. Citeproc.js does not do this, and I believe
that the error is on Pandoc's side. (It also downcases with "Modern
Library" as the input.)

@bookinbook{Cicero1933,
   booktitle   = {Cicero},
   booksubtitle= {De Natura Deorum, Academica},
   title       = {De Natura Deorum},
   origtitle   = {On the Nature of the Gods},
   author      = {Cicero},
   translator  = {Harris Rackham},
   origlanguage= {latin},
   langid      = {english},
   date        = {1933},
   origdate    = {-0044},
   series      = {{Loeb} {Classical} {Library}, series editor {E. H.
Warmington}},
   volume      = {XIX},
   number      = {268},
   url         = {https://archive.org/stream/denaturadeorumac00ciceuoft},
   urldate     = {2019-01-09},
   gender      = {sm},
}

--
Rik

* AW: Mistaken lowercasing in series to collection-title, BibLaTeX to CSL-JSON
       [not found] ` <c76601b8-0408-4ff7-b630-6e02b2006fd0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-23 19:09   ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-09-23 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Not sure if that's related, but is there a closing brace missing?

Denis
[...]

* Re: Mistaken lowercasing in series to collection-title, BibLaTeX to CSL-JSON
       [not found] ` <c76601b8-0408-4ff7-b630-6e02b2006fd0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-23 19:59   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480k5yurrrkr.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-09-23 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

That's extremely weird.  If you change the L to S,

{Sibary}

then it stays capitalized. It has something to do with the word
"library," apparently!  Will look into it, but it would be worth
putting a bug report on jgm/pandoc so I don't lose track.
It can be reproduced using just pandoc -f biblatex -t csljson

@ 2021-09-23 20:27       ` Rik
From: Rik @ 2021-09-23 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 9/23/2021 15:59, John MacFarlane wrote:

> That's extremely weird.  If you change the L to S,
>
> {Sibary}
>
> then it stays capitalized. It has something to do with the word
> "library," apparently!  Will look into it, but it would be worth
> putting a bug report on jgm/pandoc so I don't lose track.
> It can be reproduced using just pandoc -f biblatex -t csljson

  "Library" lowercased on BibLaTeX to CSL JSON conversion #7591

--
Rik