* \VERB background
@ 2021-03-22  4:14 Matt Jolly
       [not found] ` <3329e1ec-5642-48fb-9b93-7d3e49b406d5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matt Jolly @ 2021-03-22  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi All,

I've been asked to implement dark backgrounds for syntax highlighting and
have come up with a theme based on breezedark that works well, however it
interferes with inline syntax highlighting as I can't seem to find a way to
redefine / configure `\VERB` to enable the defined background colour.

An example of this behaviour can be seen using the skylighting breezedark
theme on the following markdown:

```
A line with `function update_post_thumbnail_cache( $wp_query = null )`{.php}
inline code and syntax highlighting.

A line with `function update_post_thumbnail_cache( $wp_query = null )`
inline code.
```

The first line has inline syntax highlighting enabled, but the background
isn't applied (as expected at this point), but it makes the code hard to
read. I've had a look over the fvextra documentation, and over the fancyvrb
source, but haven't been able to work out the syntax to force a background
in my preamble. Is there a good solution for this issue / have I missed
something basic?

Thanks for your time!