* Parser issue when converting from gfm to HTML
@ 2023-09-28 19:40 Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard @ 2023-09-28 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello!

I  use the gfm format with Pandoc to convert between html or docx for some of my projects.

Today I ran into an issue:

If I want to end a paragraph with two hard line breaks, this doesn't get translated correct with the gfm parser, but it works fine with the general Markdown format converting with Pandoc.

Example:

```
Hello.

Here is the paragraph I want to end.\
\

```

Result in HTML:

```=html

\</p>

```

As mentioned it works as expected with the Markdown format.
I have tried to change the HTML and then convert to gfm, and here it works fine, but not the other way from gfm to HTML.
Have I found a bug in the GFM parser?
Can I solve this without any use of filters/code? I am by no means a programmer I just really enjoy using Markdown for much of my written work.

Best regards Thomas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-09-28 19:40 UTC | newest]