* Table widths attribute has removed after 2.10?
@ 2020-07-31 19:59 K4zuki
       [not found] ` <0c2305e6-4e22-44f9-91fe-c67e8c5342f4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: K4zuki @ 2020-07-31 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I have been using "widths" attribute in lua filter but it is no longer
working from pandoc==2.10.
I think this is matter of pandoc-types as it has changed (I can see
'col_span' attribute). I am welcoming new structure of long wanted but
compatibility seems dropped.
This also applies to Lua filter document as its sample code also relies on
structure of pandoc<2.10.

How can/should I access widths' information from lua filter for
pandoc>=2.10 and/or could we have limit feature for upper side version
(such as: filter works for pandoc version later than 2.7 and earlier than
2.10 )?

Thanks && Regards,
Kazuki/K4zuki

* Re: Table widths attribute has removed after 2.10?
       [not found] ` <0c2305e6-4e22-44f9-91fe-c67e8c5342f4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-07-31 20:26   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <874kpn2zxo.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-07-31 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

K4zuki writes:

> I have been using "widths" attribute in lua filter but it is no longer
> working from pandoc==2.10.
> I think this is matter of pandoc-types as it has changed (I can see
> 'col_span' attribute). I am welcoming new structure of long wanted but
> compatibility seems dropped.
> This also applies to Lua filter document as its sample code also relies on
> structure of pandoc<2.10.
>
> How can/should I access widths' information from lua filter for
> pandoc>=2.10 and/or could we have limit feature for upper side version
> (such as: filter works for pandoc version later than 2.7 and earlier than
> 2.10 )?

Mea culpa. The Lua code was one of the last road blocks which
prevented the new table code from being merged. I rushed to make
the necessary adjustments, with the intention of fixing it
later[^1]. Then life happened, including a change of jobs in the
midst of a pandemic, and it fell of my list.

The docs have now been updated in the repository but not on the
website.
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/blob/master/doc/lua-filters.md#table-type-table

We are also exploring options to improve usability. The new table
format is very flexible, which also means it is more difficult to
use conveniently in Lua (and/or to make it convenient to use).

The following is a PR which should at least make it easier to
adjust old filters to newer pandoc versions. Feedback is welcome.
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/6575

[^1]: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/6224#issuecomment-612801408

--
Albert Krewinkel