* Typst syntax highlighting
@ 2023-12-07  9:28 christophe dervieux
       [not found] ` <3675c334-3e3e-4ca9-85c3-567a7909bd6cn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: christophe dervieux @ 2023-12-07  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is there plan for  Pandoc's syntax highlighting through skylighting
(https://github.com/jgm/skylighting) to be supported for Typst output ?

This would allow to have the same theming in a Typst output than LaTeX /
PDF or HTML.

If this is not planned (because hard to do or even not possible), maybe
there could be some variables to help set themes through Typst direct
support for syntax highlighting

It would allow to set easily a theme from a YAML block entry
https://typst.app/docs/reference/text/raw/#parameters-theme

Thanks.

Christophe

* Re: Typst syntax highlighting
       [not found] ` <3675c334-3e3e-4ca9-85c3-567a7909bd6cn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-12-07 18:28   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-12-07 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I wouldn't want to have pandoc produce a typst document with code blocks
marked up in an unidiomatic way, with lots of annotations for emphasis,
color, and so on. So I don't think we'll have consistency. It would be
nice to produce output that works with "Typst direct support for syntax
highlighting."

If what we need to do is produce a list of languages used in code blocks,
then we'd need to know how to translate between pandoc/skylighting syntax
names and typst/sublime names.  Do you have a list of the typst-recognized
syntax names?

As for the theme, this could just be added via a variable in the default template.