After extensive deletions resulting in a ‘writer’ that contained nothing but the utility function which tells you which functions are missing at run time, I have determined that my code was in fact flawless; the problem was that, in my enthusiasm for doing a thing properly, I had added a shebang (#!) line to the beginning of the script, without really thinking about it. Since Lua supposedly treats every file as an independent “chunk” (to use the official term), I don’t understand why this should cause trouble, but if anyone else runs into a similar issue, at least now we know the fix is easy. In the course of my investigations, I also discovered that Pandoc’s internal Lua engine is two revisions out of date. I know Lua 5.3 was only released last week, but it includes very basic UTF-8 support, so I was really looking forward to using it. Given that even 5.2 was never incorporated into Pandoc, I am not very optimistic about that. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/37f4d724-11e4-4104-abba-8388b88f1eaf%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.