* Paragraph with less indent converted to blockquote
@ 2021-09-09 12:15 'Rémy Lavainne' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <0517abd5-db41-492f-b1a7-5af186b6420dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Rémy Lavainne' via pandoc-discuss @ 2021-09-09 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I noticed a strange behavior from the docx to HTML conversion. A blockquote
is created when indentation of a paragraph is less than the indentation of
the named style applied to it. I have attached an example with two
paragraphs that have the List Paragraph style. One of them is less
indented, which causes Pandoc to transform it to a blockquote. It looks
weird because the paragraph is less indented in Word and it looks like the
intention was to transform paragraphs to blockquotes when they are *more*
indented. So is the behavior we see here intended or a bug?

Thanks
Rémy

[-- Attachment #2: paragraph_with_different_indentation.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 12135 bytes --]

* Re: Paragraph with less indent converted to blockquote
       [not found] ` <0517abd5-db41-492f-b1a7-5af186b6420dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-21 11:48   ` Milan Bracke
       [not found]     ` <f0cb7b1b-f844-4f0a-bb62-8193c90fa8fbn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Milan Bracke @ 2021-09-21 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

It looks like a bug to me. Could anyone confirm, please? Then I'll fix it.

Best,
Milan

@ 2021-09-21 13:41       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-09-21 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I confirm. It seems that all paragraphs whose indentation is set manually (not by adding spaces at the beginning, but by modifying the paragraph properties) are parsed as BlockQuote. The fact that the indentation is more are less than in the parent style does not matter.

@ 2021-09-21 13:46         ` Milan Bracke
       [not found]           ` <797266ca-1c30-4959-9aac-712bc9f57e08n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Milan Bracke @ 2021-09-21 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks. But I meant confirming whether this should be considered a bug (as
opposed to confirming whether it happens).

@ 2021-09-22 20:12             ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]               ` <m2ilys2wu6.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-09-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Bracke, pandoc-discuss

I haven't had a chance to look at the code, but it may be that
it only looks at hard-coded indentation in making this
determination, ignoring the styles.  If that's right, then
I agree that it would be nicer behavior if the style's
indentation were taken into account.  At the moment I can't
see any drawbacks to this, so I'd say go ahead and try to
make it work!

@ 2021-09-23 13:33                 ` Milan Bracke
       [not found]                   ` <3824cc94-2630-4e09-8cf4-a1b5d342dfdan-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Milan Bracke @ 2021-09-23 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)