1. I am almost sure that Pandoc will just ignore unknown fields, at least that's what happened (unfortunately and to my disappointment) the last time I have tried to use non-standard fields in a style. 2. If you don't want to hardcode the transliteration into one of the existing fields, the easiest solution might be to use something along the lines of this script. ``` import json import argparse parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description='Merge title and subtitle fields in CSL JSON with custom separator') parser.add_argument('-f', '--from', action="store", dest="from_file") parser.add_argument('-t', '--to', action="store", dest="to_file") parser.add_argument('-s', '--separator', action="store", dest="separator", default=": ") args = parser.parse_args() # Load JSON File with open(args.from_file, 'r') as from_file: references = json.load(from_file) # Merge Title and Subtitle Fields for reference in references: try: reference['title'] = reference['title'] + args.separator + reference['subtitle'] reference.pop('subtitle', None) except: pass # Write results back to File with open(args.to_file, "w") as to_file: json.dump(references, to_file, indent=2,ensure_ascii=False) ``` This will merge title and subtitle fields, but you can of course adapt this to merge `title` and `title:transliteration`. (You'll need to you have your reference data available in CSL JSON.) Best, Denis Am Freitag, 6. September 2019 21:49:16 UTC+2 schrieb BP: > > Thanks everyone, especially Denis for the interesting information. Not > what I had hoped for but kind of what I had expected. Usability with > Pandoc→LaTeX is a must for me. I guess I could write my own code to locate > references, look up the data, invoke something which produces a > bibliography in HTML, then massage that HTML into something Pandoc will > convert into LaTeX appropriately. Sounds like a lot of work though — > although not as much as implementing a whole citation processor! > > Another question is whether pandoc-citeproc will ignore unknown fields or > throw an error? If the former I can have custom fields with the separate > original and transliterated fields, as I need for my searching purposes and > automatically update the combined version in the official fields. If the > latter I'll need to produce a special version for Pandoc's consumption with > the custom fields removed, which complicates things considerably. > > Den ons 4 sep. 2019 09:33BPJ > skrev: > >> Does anyone know how to handle transliterated titles and names in >> citations, when you want to include both the transliteration and the >> original? Does CSL have any fields for that? >> >> TIA, >> >> /bpj >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/38609be6-0edc-4755-b2e7-6448795c907c%40googlegroups.com.