* conversion from markdown to docx
@ 2020-04-02 14:26 RAJ MANI
       [not found] ` <bb63ca33-de14-48e3-83a7-926bd1951f1a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-02 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey guys...even after changing the font-colour and font-style..i'm unable
to see the changes in my converted .docx file

I'm attaching my reference.docx file
any one help would be appreciated

[-- Attachment #2: myref.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 11094 bytes --]

* Re: conversion from markdown to docx
       [not found] ` <bb63ca33-de14-48e3-83a7-926bd1951f1a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-02 17:18   ` BP Jonsson
       [not found]     ` <CAFC_yuQMeoM=t6wVrL1sm_k+-w4Yw+uVy6kNKaBytbsnd2_gSA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2020-04-02 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

RTM

https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--reference-doc

@ 2020-04-02 18:21       ` RAJ MANI
       [not found]         ` <8603f903-9da9-4f92-b552-fc2d8c5b0b25-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-02 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey BP i'm sorry but this isnt working...if you could suggest me an
alternative way ..it would be usefull

@ 2020-04-03  6:37           ` BPJ
       [not found]             ` <CADAJKhAXG0XUVN6_hgKHjuAfbscfankSF65qT3z0MvogZQ7TVg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-04-03  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Well to tell you how to do it right I need to know what you do in the first
place. Please show the command line you are using and attach your reference
DOCX file.

@ 2020-04-03  6:39               ` RAJ MANI
       [not found]                 ` <9f5a2b67-4e7a-4b44-97b8-fae0497c0813-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-03  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

can i get your email-id so that we can talk

@ 2020-04-03  6:59                   ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2020-04-03  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

You should send the information to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org .
Others may see things which I miss.

@ 2020-04-03  7:00               ` RAJ MANI
       [not found]                 ` <a018243a-bf7e-4e9c-b7e9-b622e0cfc869-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-03  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hii BP

So i'm gonna tell you in a detailed manner whats my issue is :-
The markdowm file needs to be converted to a .docx file where the
font-style and font-sizes needs to be modified
so i'm gonna attach my markdown file and reference document

the command im using on my terminal is :-

pandoc  sample.md --reference-doc=myref.docx -o location.docx

please do help me to the earliest ....have a deadline to it

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 12:07:49 PM UTC+5:30, BP wrote:

> Well to tell you how to do it right I need to know what you do in the
> first place. Please show the command line you are using and attach your
> reference DOCX file.
>
> Den tors 2 apr. 2020 20:22RAJ MANI <mitre...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>>
> skrev:
>
>> Hey BP i'm sorry but this isnt working...if you could suggest me an
>> alternative way ..it would be usefull
>>

>> On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 10:48:21 PM UTC+5:30, BP Jonsson wrote:
>>>
>>> RTM
>>>
>>> https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--reference-doc

>>> --
>> email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8603f903-9da9-4f92-b552-fc2d8c5b0b25%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8603f903-9da9-4f92-b552-fc2d8c5b0b25%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

[-- Attachment #2: sample.md --]
[-- Type: text/markdown, Size: 4060 bytes --]

# h1 Heading :-)
## h2 Heading
### h3 Heading
#### h4 Heading
##### h5 Heading
###### h6 Heading

## Horizontal Rules

___

---

***

## Typographic replacements <span style="color:red">cardinals</span>

Enable typographer option to see result.<span style="color:red">cardinals</span>

(c) (C) (r) (R) (tm) (TM) (p) (P) +-

test.. test... test..... test?..... test!....

!!!!!! ???? ,,  -- ---

"Smartypants, double quotes" and 'single quotes'

## Emphasis

**This is bold text**

__This is bold text__

*This is italic text*

_This is italic text_

~~Strikethrough~~

## Blockquotes

> Blockquotes can also be nested...
>> ...by using additional greater-than signs right next to each other...
> > > ...or with spaces between arrows.

## Lists

Unordered

+ Create a list by starting a line with `+`, `-`, or `*`
+ Sub-lists are made by indenting 2 spaces:
  - Marker character change forces new list start:
    * Ac tristique libero volutpat at
    + Facilisis in pretium nisl aliquet
    - Nulla volutpat aliquam velit
+ Very easy!

Ordered

1. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
2. Consectetur adipiscing elit
3. Integer molestie lorem at massa

1. You can use sequential numbers...
1. ...or keep all the numbers as `1.`

Start numbering with offset:

57. foo
1. bar

## Code

Inline `code`

Indented code

    // Some comments
    line 1 of code
    line 2 of code
    line 3 of code

Block code "fences"

```
Sample text here...
```

Syntax highlighting

``` js
var foo = function (bar) {
  return bar++;
};

console.log(foo(5));
```

## Tables

| Option | Description |
| ------ | ----------- |
| data   | path to data files to supply the data that will be passed into templates. |
| engine | engine to be used for processing templates. Handlebars is the default. |
| ext    | extension to be used for dest files. |

Right aligned columns

| Option | Description |
| ------:| -----------:|
| data   | path to data files to supply the data that will be passed into templates. |
| engine | engine to be used for processing templates. Handlebars is the default. |
| ext    | extension to be used for dest files. |

## Links

[link text](http://dev.nodeca.com)

[link with title](http://nodeca.github.io/pica/demo/ "title text!")

Autoconverted link https://github.com/nodeca/pica (enable linkify to see)

## Plugins

The killer feature of `markdown-it` is very effective support of
[syntax plugins](https://www.npmjs.org/browse/keyword/markdown-it-plugin).

### [Emojies]****(https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-emoji)

> Classic markup: :wink: :crush: :cry: :tear: :laughing: :yum:
>
> Shortcuts (emoticons): :-) :-( 8-) ;)

see [how to change output](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-emoji#change-output) with twemoji.

### [Subscript](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-sub) / [Superscript](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-sup)

- 19^th^
- H~2~O

### [\<ins>](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-ins)

++Inserted text++

### [\<mark>](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-mark)

==Marked text==

### [Footnotes](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-footnote)

Footnote 1 link[^first].

Footnote 2 link[^second].

Inline footnote^[Text of inline footnote] definition.

Duplicated footnote reference[^second].

[^first]: Footnote **can have markup**

    and multiple paragraphs.

[^second]: Footnote text.

### [Definition lists](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-deflist)

Term 1

:   Definition 1
with lazy continuation.

Term 2 with *inline markup*

:   Definition 2

        { some code, part of Definition 2 }

    Third paragraph of definition 2.

_Compact style:_

Term 1
  ~ Definition 1

Term 2
  ~ Definition 2a
  ~ Definition 2b

### [Abbreviations](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-abbr)

This is HTML abbreviation example.

It converts "HTML", but keep intact partial entries like "xxxHTMLyyy" and so on.

*[HTML]: Hyper Text Markup Language

### [Custom containers](https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it-container)

::: warning
*here be dragons*
:::

[-- Attachment #3: myref.docx --]

@ 2020-04-03  9:26                   ` BPJ
       [not found]                     ` <1811e187-1f61-d6c6-c28a-7f2a50d62707-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-04-03  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It seems you have just created some styled paragraphs in your docx
document. *That is **not** how you do it,* as you would know if you had
followed the links I gave yesterday and paid attention to the
information there. You have to modify the existing styles through the
style gallery interface of Word or LibreOffice.

If you are using Word on Windows see here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/customize-or-create-new-styles-d38d6e47-f6fc-48eb-a607-1eb120dec563?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#update

Short url: https://v.gd/odixad

If you are using Word on Mac see here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Customize-styles-in-Word-for-Mac-1ef7d8e1-1506-4b21-9e81-adc5f698f86a

Short url: https://v.gd/LPApd6

Scroll down to "Modify an existing style"

If you are using LibreOffice see here:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Defining-custom-DOCX-styles-in-LibreOffice-(and-Word)#libreoffice

Short url: https://v.gd/1koRV7

-   In step 3 choose "Hierarchical" rather than "Applied styles",

-   In step 4, point 2 choose "Modify..." instead of "New...",

Otherwise it should be the same.

@ 2020-04-03 19:05                       ` RAJ MANI
       [not found]                         ` <880129bb-3b19-43f2-9b97-d09217051f32-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-03 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey BP

I'm really sorry ..I have followed the steps in your specified pages..but
i'm really unable to reflect changes..please help me out...

@ 2020-04-03 20:03                           ` BPJ
       [not found]                             ` <CADAJKhCqov3gu3+AECrU3yNkx6kufaG+sj+w2--4Ne18YhPWAw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-04-03 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

You have to attach your reference-docx (assuming you have modified it)

@ 2020-04-03 20:57                               ` RAJ MANI
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-03 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey BP

i'm attaching my modified reference-document and my markdown file...any
modification changes in reference-document please tell me...coz i have
tried all possible ways and it aint working out

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 1:33:42 AM UTC+5:30, BP wrote:

> You have to attach your reference-docx (assuming you have modified it)
>
> Den fre 3 apr. 2020 21:06RAJ MANI <mitre...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>>
> skrev:
>
>> Hey BP
>>
>> I'm really sorry ..I have followed the steps in your specified pages..but
>> i'm really unable to reflect changes..please help me out...
>>
>> On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 2:56:57 PM UTC+5:30, BP wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems you have just created some styled paragraphs in your docx
>>> document. *That is **not** how you do it,* as you would know if you had
>>> followed the links I gave yesterday and paid attention to the
>>> information there. You have to modify the existing styles through the
>>> style gallery interface of Word or LibreOffice.
>>>
>>> If you are using Word on Windows see here:
>>>

>>> https://support.office.com/en-us/article/customize-or-create-new-styles-d38d6e47-f6fc-48eb-a607-1eb120dec563?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#update
>>>
>>> Short url: https://v.gd/odixad
>>>
>>> If you are using Word on Mac see here:
>>>

>>> https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Customize-styles-in-Word-for-Mac-1ef7d8e1-1506-4b21-9e81-adc5f698f86a
>>>
>>> Short url: https://v.gd/LPApd6
>>>
>>> Scroll down to "Modify an existing style"
>>>
>>> If you are using LibreOffice see here:
>>>

>>> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Defining-custom-DOCX-styles-in-LibreOffice-(and-Word)#libreoffice
>>>
>>> Short url: https://v.gd/1koRV7
>>>
>>> -   In step 3 choose "Hierarchical" rather than "Applied styles",
>>>
>>> -   In step 4, point 2 choose "Modify..." instead of "New...",
>>>
>>> Otherwise it should be the same.

>>> your

>>> <javascript:>>

>>> send
>>> >>>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/bb63ca33-de14-48e3-83a7-926bd1951f1a%40googlegroups.com
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/bb63ca33-de14-48e3-83a7-926bd1951f1a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

>>> send an
>>> >>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8603f903-9da9-4f92-b552-fc2d8c5b0b25%40googlegroups.com
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8603f903-9da9-4f92-b552-fc2d8c5b0b25%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

>>> --
>> email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/880129bb-3b19-43f2-9b97-d09217051f32%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/880129bb-3b19-43f2-9b97-d09217051f32%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

[-- Attachment #2: myref.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 18340 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: sample.md --]

@ 2020-04-04 17:43                               ` RAJ MANI
From: RAJ MANI @ 2020-04-04 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss