* embedded vsb image disspears
@ 2015-07-01 10:18 Matilda Karlsson
       [not found] ` <45eaff11-240f-4144-be3e-59fa2051460f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matilda Karlsson @ 2015-07-01 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

Im trying to convert a docx document but the embedded vsd images dissapear
totally. I get no referense to it, and no sign of it ever being there.

Is it possible to fix this?

* Re: embedded vsb image disspears
       [not found] ` <45eaff11-240f-4144-be3e-59fa2051460f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-07-01 10:52   ` nkalvi
       [not found]     ` <760a18c2-a7a5-41e0-a4d0-87c1e607eb42-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: nkalvi @ 2015-07-01 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hei Matilda,

Which version of Pandoc are you using (and on what platform)?
I did a quick test with 1.14.0.4 on OSX and it seems to work fine with
image.docx (from test suite):

pandoc image.docx -s --extract-media=.

using the option to extract media:

--extract-media=DIR

> Extract images and other media contained in a docx or epub container to
>> the path DIR, creating it if necessary, and adjust the images references in
>> the document so they point to the extracted files. This option only affects
>> the docx and epub readers.

If you could you please post a sample (removing any personal data)
somewhere, I could take look at why it is failing.

BTW, here's the latest release
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.14.1>.

@ 2015-07-01 11:09       ` Matilda Karlsson
       [not found]         ` <4cd8e525-98c0-4573-8e3d-f4b18757e9dc-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matilda Karlsson @ 2015-07-01 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for your superquick answer!

I have pandoc 1.14.0.1, on Windows 7.

If i try to do like you did:

pandoc A\ picture.docx -s --extract-media=. > A\ picture.html

the html-file still doesn't have an image. Im gonna try to download
1.14.0.4 and try again!

Den onsdag 1 juli 2015 kl. 12:52:09 UTC+2 skrev nkalvi:

> Hei Matilda,
>
> Which version of Pandoc are you using (and on what platform)?
> I did a quick test with 1.14.0.4 on OSX and it seems to work fine with
> image.docx (from test suite):
>
> pandoc image.docx -s --extract-media=.
>>

> using the option to extract media:
>
> --extract-media=DIR
>>
>> Extract images and other media contained in a docx or epub container to
>>> the path DIR, creating it if necessary, and adjust the images references in
>>> the document so they point to the extracted files. This option only affects
>>> the docx and epub readers.
>>

> If you could you please post a sample (removing any personal data)
> somewhere, I could take look at why it is failing.
>
> BTW, here's the latest release
> <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.14.1>.
>

> On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 6:18:42 AM UTC-4, Matilda Karlsson wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Im trying to convert a docx document but the embedded vsd images
>> dissapear totally. I get no referense to it, and no sign of it ever being
>> there.
>>
>> Is it possible to fix this?

[-- Attachment #2: A picure.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 29007 bytes --]

@ 2015-07-01 12:07           ` nkalvi
From: nkalvi @ 2015-07-01 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw