I would have expected the same given the documentation says «For docx output, styles will be defined in the output file as inheriting from normal text, if the styles are not yet in your reference.docx. If they are already defined, pandoc will not alter the definition.» Von: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org Im Auftrag von Shane Liesegang Gesendet: Sonntag, 15. Mai 2022 14:28 An: pandoc-discuss Betreff: Manually apply styles to output docx? I've customized a reference.docx file for applying styles to an exported Word document, and am attempting to follow the instructions from the Custom Styles section of the manual. If I'm reading the documentation right (and I may not be!) if I attempt to apply a custom style that is already defined in the reference document, it will not redefine it but apply the existing style. However, when I do something like this in markdown+bracketed_spans: [my strong text]{custom-style="Strong"} And there is already a "Strong" style in the reference file, I find the span instead has a new style applied to it called "Strong1". Is there any way I can manually apply styles to Markdown text for docx output? Thanks for any help / letting me know where I misunderstand. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2a9a59ee-359b-4670-a140-234fb4c52311n%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/3b8d1a41518f4384a6087ac54b826b3c%40unibe.ch.