I also prefer ATX headings. On Thursday, 3 September 2020 17:57:59 UTC+2, John MacFarlane wrote: > > > Currently in writing markdown (and commonmark) pandoc emits > Setext-style (underlined) headings for levels 1 and 2, ATX_style > (#) for the rest, unless the `--atx-headers` option is used > to force ATX. > > Proposal: given that setext headings are becoming more > uncommon, and in view of the ugliness of switching heading > styles at level 3, default instead to ATX-style headings, > unless a new `--setext-headings` option is used. > > Comments? > > Note: in principle we could also change the default just > for commonmark/gfm output, not for default markdown. > However, this would still require adding a --setext-headings > option. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/3baeae13-8eca-4464-ac84-84c988f7a91do%40googlegroups.com.