Good to know... maybe I'll get around to making the math rendering configurable in the future... first a few other things to do! On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 10:31:06 PM UTC+1, Kolen Cheung wrote: > > There are a tons of things I used in MathJax that aren't supported in > KaTeX, nor pandoc in general. This is one of the problem I experienced when > writing Math in pandoc. > > To name a few, all those environments supported in MathJax (such as align, > aligned, case, etc.), and then I even wrote a physics package in MathJax > (which is another source of problem since it is not trivial to configure > MathJax in pandoc, default template causes problems.) > > I'm using pandoc with MathJax as engine to render in Marked 2, I don't > recall it has significant lag. But I'm not sure since this set up is > relatively new and haven't worked on lengthy Math document on it yet. > > I guess the trick Marked 2 is doing is essentially taking a diff. between > the original generated HTML and the newly generated HTML and do something > about it such that the preview is very stable (no flickering) and will > stick to the "last edit" location. I've used MultiMarkdown for that in the > past and the preview often jumped. > > I'm also thinking about the packaging stradegy of LaTeX macros. The > physics package in MathJax is good, except that setting it up is a barrier. > I'm thinking about putting all of them in a text file (like a style file or > a package) and include it using either a filter or makefile. But doing so > would mean it is difficult to get it working in something like PanWriter > which might not parse the LaTeX macros. > > MathJax did it (parsing macros) but it is annoying that pandoc and MathJax > expects a different syntax. In pandoc macros are bare, without delimiter, > but in MathJax they have to be put in delimiters. > > There's a lot of random thoughts above but I guess the point is yes I need > MathJax, but even so it doesn't solve all the problems. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/3dfc4018-8cd6-4b34-bb96-8622ceceeec6%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.