I wanted to try making a PowerPoint using Pandoc and Markdown, but use a template that had some images already in the template. I saw that you can generate a reference document by doing: - https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#options-affecting-specific-writers The command: pandoc -o custom-reference.pptx --print-default-data-file reference.pptx Then I added a background image to the first slide, saved the custom-reference. I then tried to build the new PPTX using #cat Makefile .PHONY: build build: pandoc \ --reference-doc custom-pptx-reference.pptx \ --output slides.pptx \ content.md I then get the following errors: filbot@pop-os ~/D/D/L/PPTX> make build pandoc \ --reference-doc custom-pptx-refernce.pptx \ --output slides.pptx \ content.md Could not find shape for Powerpoint content make: *** [Makefile:4: build] Error 63 Am I misinterpreting the documentation on how to use this? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/3effdae5-ead2-4c39-8304-49d36e9814a4n%40googlegroups.com.