I suppose the dumb obvious workaround would be to insert some text like "PAGEBREAK" and then do a replace all in Word. Duh. On Friday, October 3, 2014 10:21:08 AM UTC-4, Ken Kleinman wrote: > > I had somewhat ignorantly contacted Jon MacFarlane separately to ask this > question, previously, and he replied with the following: > > "It should be possible to achieve what you want to achieve using > pandoc filters, with a bit of coding. The filters would insert > a bit of openxml code that produces a page break. I don't have > time to figure out how to do this right now, but it should be > possible." > > I gather you've provided the necessary XML code, Jesse. Thanks. Would > the idea of filters be a way in to making this work? > > Separate files would also be a possibility, thanks. It would be messier > coding in R than I'd hoped to do, and some administrative assistant will > have to open. print, close, each of hundreds of files, but I do think it's > better than nothing. > > > > On Friday, October 3, 2014 10:08:14 AM UTC-4, Jesse Rosenthal wrote: >> >> Ken Kleinman writes: >> >> > Hello, folks-- >> > >> > Can anyone help me figure out how to insert a page break into a .docx, >> > using a file written in Markdown? >> >> Well, the pandoc native format doesn't have pagebreaks (doesn't make >> sense in a lot of its output formats, particularly html). So I don't >> imagine it's possible. For what it's worth, the docx pagebreak xml is: >> >> ~~~ >> >> >> >> >> >> ~~~ >> >> But I don't know what input we would want to have produce this output, >> and we don't currently have a way to inject raw xml into a docx (nor do >> I think we should). >> >> For your purposes, probably producing different files for your different >> recipients would be the way to go. >> >> Best, >> Jesse >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/404e04a7-e51c-4afe-ab5a-826a2ccfec86%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.