* Unable to create PPTX from default PPTX Reference Document using Markdown
@ 2021-04-07 21:26 Phillip Dudley
       [not found] ` <3effdae5-ead2-4c39-8304-49d36e9814a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Phillip Dudley @ 2021-04-07 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I wanted to try making a PowerPoint using Pandoc and Markdown, but use a
template that had some images already in the template. I saw that you can
generate a reference document by doing:

   - https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#options-affecting-specific-writers

The command:

    pandoc -o custom-reference.pptx --print-default-data-file reference.pptx

Then I added a background image to the first slide, saved the
custom-reference. I then tried to build the new PPTX using

    #cat Makefile
    .PHONY: build

    build:
        pandoc \
            --reference-doc custom-pptx-reference.pptx \
            --output slides.pptx \
            content.md

I then get the following errors:

filbot@pop-os ~/D/D/L/PPTX> make build
pandoc \
    --reference-doc custom-pptx-refernce.pptx \
    --output slides.pptx \
    content.md
Could not find shape for Powerpoint content
make: *** [Makefile:4: build] Error 63

Am I misinterpreting the documentation on how to use this?

* Re: Unable to create PPTX from default PPTX Reference Document using Markdown
       [not found] ` <3effdae5-ead2-4c39-8304-49d36e9814a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-09 16:56   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2zgy7mm6z.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-09 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Dudley, pandoc-discuss

Generally speaking, the only modifications that are going to work
in a reference.docx or pptx are the changes to the styles
as described in the manual.  If you add images, notes, etc.,
you're likely to get a corrupted file.

@ 2021-04-12 22:13       ` Phillip Dudley
       [not found]         ` <d4f30a19-932d-4683-a5b6-5a44b0c66a7bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Phillip Dudley @ 2021-04-12 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I guess I'm not seeing on the documentation where it is called out how to
modify those styles? Some GitHub issues I saw said to unzip the PPTX and
then look for some XML file that called out the four styles called out in
the documentation. However, that didn't make sense to me.

Does anyone have any examples of how to successfully, and clearly
explained, do this?

@ 2021-04-13  2:54           ` Matt Jolly
       [not found]             ` <01d195db-5811-4604-b396-a189a41deeffn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matt Jolly @ 2021-04-13  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I did some work on this late last year: from memory you are able to use any
pptx (within reason, as indicated by the manual) and modify styles / slide
templates appropriately. Note that you need to modify Slide Masters, not
the slides themselves (again, from memory...)

For **table styles**, however, there does not exist an interface within
PowerPoint to modify these at the style level. You need to manually modify
the XML within your template, see
http://www.brandwares.com/bestpractices/2015/07/xml-hacking-custom-table-styles/
for more information. It *does* work, and table styles are used when tables
are generated within a slide, however even Microsoft's Office XML validator
is unable to tell you if your table styles are correct; you need to try and
open the document in PowerPoint and see if you get any errors.

@ 2021-04-26 23:17               ` Phillip Dudley
From: Phillip Dudley @ 2021-04-26 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss