* table questions
@ 2019-10-26  3:06 IVO I WELCH
       [not found] ` <2cc03ec3-5acb-40b6-89c7-23945792481d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: IVO I WELCH @ 2019-10-26  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

pandoc 2.7.3:

[0] Are grid tables the most powerful of the choices of tables?  Does it
expose all features, or are there some others that require using a
different table input format?

[1] there is an odd feature that I have run into.

```
+-------------+----------+--------------+
|  Event      |  Prob    |  All-Equity  |
+=============+==========+==============+
| Rain        |   1/4    |     $60      |
+-------------+----------+--------------+
| Sun         |   3/4    |     $100     |
+-------------+----------+--------------+
```

colors the right cells in background gray when typeset in LaTeX.  could
someone please tell me what the rules are for this effect?  are there other
interesting effects?

[2] Is there a way to get a horizontal line into the middle of a table, not
just in its use as the table header separator?  (put differently, can one
enter a \midrule)

[3] I accidentally once triggered something that created an \fbox{} like
effect.  alas, I can't reproduce it now.  which feature is this?

help appreciated. /iaw

PS: I also just tried table.el mode as recommended in the pandoc guide.  I
think it is from 2001, and no longer works.  after specifying my table
parameters, emacs tells me that it is a wrong symbol type or something like
this.  is there a better emacs mode?

PS: Is there any progress on multi-column headers?