Well, it may look perfectly normal to you, but to me, in the context of @book and @article entries which also have a published date that is ignored in the rendering of the bibliography entry, it doesn't. For now I switched to IEEE.csl which doesn't have this inconsistency and I will think if I really need to go back to the Chicago style later. Thanks Antonio On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 12:23:29 PM UTC-7 Nick Bart wrote: > I don't have a clear solution, but it looks like the root cause is that in > the absence of an author, the title is moved to the beginning position > *and* the date consists only of the year. > > Adding a full date to the example from the initial post the result is > > “A DSL That Is Concise and Fun.” 2021. November 23, 2021. > https://web.archive.org/web/20211216060806/https://twitter.com/scalding. > > ... and adding an author as well results in > > Scalding. 2021. “A DSL That Is Concise and Fun.” November 23, 2021. > https://web.archive.org/web/20211216060806/https://twitter.com/scalding. > > Now, at least the latter results looks perfectly normal, so I don't think > this is a CSL style issue per se. > > I guess in principle, the mechanism that moves the title could be made to > also check whether this leaves years or a date and a year side by side. > > On the other hand, I'm not sure this is really worthwhile, since in > practice you should probably always include an organization field in the > biblatex data, which in turn ensures that the year and full date are > separate, even if there is no author and the title is moved. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/479b45ca-ec3a-4d0b-8dff-a2639548c6a5n%40googlegroups.com.