* Restructured Text => Asciidoc (Substitutions supported?)
@ 2021-12-24 16:32 'russurquhart1' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <56175dc6-581e-41cc-a684-fe8bb54fd385n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'russurquhart1' via pandoc-discuss @ 2021-12-24 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi
I am converting a lot of .rst files to Asciidoc. Seems there are certain
things that aren't carried over. One item that i found is there are a lot
of Substitutions used. Does Pandoc resolve Substitutions defined in a given
file and used within that file? Is there a better workflow to go to
Asciidoc from .rst? Go to a different format first THEN go to Asciidoc?

Thanks,

Russ

* Re: Restructured Text => Asciidoc (Substitutions supported?)
       [not found] ` <56175dc6-581e-41cc-a684-fe8bb54fd385n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-29 19:29   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2fsqbyzuh.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-29 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'russurquhart1' via pandoc-discuss, pandoc-discuss

You could try using rst2html to go to HTML, then pandoc to
convert that to asciidoc.  Don't know whether that would give
better results.

@ 2021-12-30 15:02       ` 'russurquhart1' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'russurquhart1' via pandoc-discuss @ 2021-12-30 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss