* docx+styles to dokuwiki somehow ?
@ 2023-04-26 14:14 pascal Conil-lacoste
       [not found] ` <16df0de5-a608-4e6e-9545-3fa338229d8fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: pascal Conil-lacoste @ 2023-04-26 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi everybody,

I've been using pandoc for some years to accomplish very straightforward
conversions.
Now that what I plan to do is a little more complex, I struggle to find
relevant information.

I need to convert docx to dokuwiki and retain Word custom styles. I thought
I could use docx+styles to get custom-styles in dokuwiki files but they
don't make it to the output and get stripped.

I would be happy with ::: {custom-style="myStyle"} my text here:::

If I could get something along these lines, I would be able to apply some
other simple transformation to get to the final dokuwiki files and treat
them with a plugin.

What is the best way to achieve this ? Filters ? Templates ?

Any help welcome!

* Re: docx+styles to dokuwiki somehow ?
       [not found] ` <16df0de5-a608-4e6e-9545-3fa338229d8fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-26 13:16   ` Sigismond
       [not found]     ` <bdc377c4-3918-4f0f-a87e-a66f9d128cc2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sigismond @ 2023-06-26 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

OK, let's try it another way :

I plan to use Pandoc to convert several docx files to dokuwiki format.
I need to retain custom block styles and convert them to custom tags,
something like

<WARP my-custom-block-style>
my dokuwiki formatted block text
</WARP>

Do I need to develop a custom dokuwiki writer from scratch to do that or is
there a way to use lua filters for this purpose.
Sorry if the answer is obvious but I struggle to find relevant information.

Thanks for any help,
--
  Pascal

@ 2023-06-26 13:46       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-26 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

With `-f docx+styles`, you can replace the divs with custom styles with this kind of filter:

```
function Div (div)
  local custom_style = div.attributes['custom-style']
  if custom_style then
    local pre = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '<WARP "' .. custom_style .. '">')
    local post = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '</WARP>')
    local content = div.content
    table.insert(content, 1, pre)
    table.insert(content, post)
    return content
  end
end
```

@ 2023-06-26 14:04         ` Sigismond
       [not found]           ` <d22b9383-2891-44f7-8f4a-1867eef83fe2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sigismond @ 2023-06-26 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks a lot Bastien, it works perfectly well.

@ 2023-06-27  9:35             ` Sigismond
       [not found]               ` <f0b95670-24a3-4870-842f-fb6e7791a694n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sigismond @ 2023-06-27  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Well… it does work but, somehow, docx+styles messes with the lists :
For a simple docx with just one list, unordered here is what I get with -f
docx+styles -t dokuwiki :
<HTML><ul></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>Liste 1<HTML></p></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>liste 2<HTML></p></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>liste 3<HTML></p></HTML>

<HTML><ul></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>liste 3a<HTML></p></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>liste 3b<HTML></p></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>liste 3c<HTML></p></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML><HTML></ul></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML>
<HTML><li></HTML><HTML><p></HTML>liste 4<HTML></p></HTML>
<HTML></li></HTML><HTML></ul></HTML>

Which is not parsed by dokuwiki.

Without +styles :
  * Liste 1
  * liste 2
  * liste 3
    * liste 3a
    * liste 3b
    * liste 3c
  * liste 4

Which is syntactically correct dokuwiki format.

If I understand it well, Pandoc seems to consider an ordered list badly
formatted only when +styles is applied and it spits out some raw html with

So what is it ? Bad implementation in Dokuwiki writer ?
How can I benefit from both +styles, with my lua filter, and lists ?

--
  Pascal

@ 2023-06-27  9:53                 ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-27  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I think that it is worth a bug report if it has not been done yet. As a workaround, you can expand the filter to remove all divs with custom-style from the bullet lists.

```
function Div (div)
  local custom_style = div.attributes['custom-style']
  if custom_style then
    local pre = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '<WARP "' .. custom_style .. '">')
    local post = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '</WARP>')
    table.insert(div.content, post)
    table.insert(div.content, 1, pre)
    return div.content
  end
end

local remove_custom_styles = {
  Div = function(div)
    if div.attributes['custom-style'] then
      return div.content
    end
  end
}

function BulletList(list)
  -- Do the same for all types that are badly handled with docx+styles
  -- (e.g. OrderedList)
  return list:walk(remove_custom_styles)
end

return {
  -- We must process the bullet lists first to remove the divs
  -- before they are converted to raw code.
  { BulletList = BulletList },
  { Div = Div }
}

```

@ 2023-06-27 10:21                   ` Sigismond
       [not found]                     ` <a62eaa45-0126-4325-878e-4dae06aba21an-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sigismond @ 2023-06-27 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you Bastien.
I did not find a bug report that specifically treats this issue. Many other
issues with dokuwiki and lists though.
So that's a bug report #8920 <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8920>

@ 2023-06-28 15:00                       ` Sigismond
       [not found]                         ` <62b0db64-b7ab-48e8-9025-9c969304e1b6n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sigismond @ 2023-06-28 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

@Bastien
I managed to extend your workaround to the other badly handled types, thank
you.
Then, I tried to extend this already very useful lua filter in order to
convert some specific custom-styled divs to level 1 titles in dokuwiki
output.

For example, with `Warburg (Otto Heinrich)` having the custom-style `mots`,
what I get is
```
<WRAP mots>
Warburg (Otto Heinrich)

</WRAP>
```
what I would like is
```
====== Warburg (Otto Heinrich) ======
```

So I modified the filter to add a new condition :
```
function Div (div)
local custom_style = div.attributes['custom-style']
if custom_style then
if custom_style == 'mots' then
local pre = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '======')
local post = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '======')
else
local pre = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '<WRAP ' .. custom_style .. '>')
local post = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '</WRAP>')
end
local content = div.content
table.insert(content, 1, pre)
table.insert(content, post)
return content
end
end
```

Well, it doesn't work in many ways :
- first, it tells me that
Block, list of Blocks, or compatible element expected, got Blocks
I guess my condition is badly formed.

- then if I just try to test it without the added (and buggy) condition,
```
function Div (div)
local custom_style = div.attributes['custom-style']
if custom_style then
local pre = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '======')
local post = pandoc.RawBlock('dokuwiki', '======')
local content = div.content
table.insert(content, 1, pre)
table.insert(content, post)
return content
end
end
```
I get… a block
```
======
Warburg (Otto Heinrich)

======
```
which doesn't convert to a proper level 1 title in dokuwiki.

I understand that my desired modification is inline whereas the original
filter is designed to manage blocks but my lack of knowledge in lua lets me
struggling to go past that.

Could you please show me the way to do this ?
Thanks.

@ 2023-06-28 16:52                           ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-28 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Your last filter dos not return one block, but three (a RawBlock is a Block!). If you want to convert the div to a header, just return a Header object (see the document to know how to use the constructor pandoc.Header).

@ 2023-06-29 13:11                             ` Sigismond
From: Sigismond @ 2023-06-29 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss