* Pandoc 2.17 adds extraneous newline
@ 2022-01-29 14:07 Nandakumar Chandrasekhar
       [not found] ` <73097554-bb6f-4aed-b465-210fd37d4f21n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nandakumar Chandrasekhar @ 2022-01-29 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear Folks,

Here is a sample Pandoc file with some valid content:

---
title: "Valid Content"
author: "My Author"
date: "2020-10-16"
---
This is some valid content that should pass. If it does not pass we will
know something is wrong.

I would expect the line starting with "This is some valid..." to render as
a single line wrapped in tags in HTML 5 but what I get is a line break
after the word we which is not in my markdown content.

I tried this out on "Try Pandoc"  2.17.0.1 and got the same result which I
have attached a screenshot of to this post.

I tried an older version of Pandoc 2.14 and got a single line without the
line break as I expected.

I hope someone can lend some insight on why this is happening or give me a
workaround. I believe this might be a bug.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I would like to make the suggestion that "Try Pandoc" allow users to
choose the version of Pandoc so that it is easy to troubleshoot issues like
these.

[-- Attachment #2: Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 7.31.15 PM.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 176815 bytes --]

* Re: Pandoc 2.17 adds extraneous newline
       [not found] ` <73097554-bb6f-4aed-b465-210fd37d4f21n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-29 14:35   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-01-29 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

See --wrap in the manual. By the way, it has no incidence on the way the HTML file is rendered in a browser.

@ 2022-01-29 14:48   ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2022-01-29 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yes, this was intentional:

   https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/7764

@ 2022-01-29 17:23   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2a6felal2.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-29 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nandakumar Chandrasekhar, pandoc-discuss

It's a behavior change, not a bug.
To get the old behavior you can use --wrap=none

@ 2022-01-30  9:15       ` Nandakumar Chandrasekhar
From: Nandakumar Chandrasekhar @ 2022-01-30  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss