Good idea. I'll try to play with that idea. One bonus is that the 2 diagonals can be highlighted to be the pandoc-extras logo, stands for X. I don't think the obscurity is a problem. Logo should be very simple and easily identifiable even when its tiny, and only when it caught the viewer's attention, they got curious and closer, wanting to know what it stands for. This logo idea while very simple, tells the story behind the name of pandoc. I think rather than designing a type, which requires a lot of skills, may be borrowing an existing open source font is better. However, since both "letters" are of different languages, probably only math font has both, which might be a good idea too, given the strong Mathematical heritage (logics is usually co-taught between math and phil dept; then Haskell is the "most Mathematical programming language"; then texmath; then the close relation between pandoc and LaTeX, which is from TeX, which is invented by a math prof). It might be a lot of digression, but many other "alternatives of pandoc" treated math as an afterthought, claiming they support LaTeX but actually means MathJax, etc. One challenge is to find one that the 2 diagonals join nicely (same angle). Another "funny" idea is to choose some ancient looking character, looks like those from papyrus. It is kind of playful to looks so ancient yet a so modern tool. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/49debf77-8594-487e-8c82-d92be13e9092%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.