On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 4:35 PM Albert Krewinkel > wrote: The closest thing is probably the `pandoc.utils.references` function (added in pandoc 2.17). It gives you access to the structured reference entries. Theoretically one could write a custom citation handler by using that function and filtering `Cite` elements; it might or might not be worth the effort in your case. Yeah, I'm making heavy use of that already for my filtering. It works fine for single citations, but I don't want to just totally swallow the existing citation in case it's part of a Cite that has other citations, though. This is what I mean about somehow filtering during citeproc so I could directly replace the emitted elements that form the footnote -- if I could do that I could wrap them in a span, change with greater confidence, etc. (Sorry for the double-message to Alfred, but accidentally sent this only to him at first.) -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4A0B350D-9C10-4473-AEBB-0FBF67CCF040%40gmail.com.