* --toc (Adding "Table of content" to the generated html)
@ 2012-03-23  4:17 Peng Yu
       [not found] ` <7e973c8c-0e89-4769-80fc-14db2b2a1819-LPImKriW/sUyO9n4lWgNv2B/v6IoIuQBVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Peng Yu @ 2012-03-23  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi,

 --toc generates the table of content without the phrase "Table of
content". Is there a way to add such phrase before the table of
content?

Regards,
Peng

* Re: --toc (Adding "Table of content" to the generated html)
       [not found] ` <7e973c8c-0e89-4769-80fc-14db2b2a1819-LPImKriW/sUyO9n4lWgNv2B/v6IoIuQBVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-03-23  5:39   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20120323053948.GA9348-nFAEphtLEs+AA6luYCgp0U1S2cYJDpTV9nwVQlTi/Pw@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-03-23  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Peng Yu [Mar 22 12 21:17 ]:
> Hi,
>
>  --toc generates the table of content without the phrase "Table of
> content". Is there a way to add such phrase before the table of
> content?

Yes, you can modify the default HTML template, or use a custom
template with the --template flag.

@ 2012-03-24 19:01       ` BP Jonsson
From: BP Jonsson @ 2012-03-24 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 2012-03-23 06:39, John MacFarlane wrote:
 > +++ Peng Yu [Mar 22 12 21:17 ]:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >>   --toc generates the table of content without the phrase
"Table of
 >> content". Is there a way to add such phrase before the table of
 >> content?
 >
 > Yes, you can modify the default HTML template, or use a custom
 > template with the --template flag.

Allow me to add that it's good that the TOC title is
not inserted by default in the standard template,
because the exact phrase needed depends on the language
of the document! If you want to insert a TOC title into
your default template and ever write documents in
different languages I'd recommend you to define a
variable to set the actual phrase.

Since I suspect this is a bit of a FUAQ I took the
liberty to write a little howto (which also illustrates
the general principle of custom variables):

<http://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/How-to-add-a-%22Table-of-Contents%22-title-in-the-HTML-template>

/bpj