A quick follow-up: the problem also occurs with other terminal punctuation in titles (question marks, etc). So it's not just about the exclamation point. On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 3:31:48 PM UTC+2 johanne...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I am running into a problem with the formatting of titles in footnotes and > bibliographies that have concluding punctuation *in the titles* when using > pandoc to convert from markdown to pdf via LaTeX. > > I have a bibliographic entry in a json file that is a newspaper article > with a title that ends in an exclamation point. When creating a pdf, the > exclamation mark is turned upside down and the concluding quotation mark is > turned into a single quotation mark. > > [image: Text as it appears in pdf] > > When converting to docx it converts fine. > > [image: Text as it appears in docx] > > It also looks fine when I preview citations in Zotero. > > I am using Zotero to create a json file to contain the citations. > I am then using pandoc (2.11.3.1) and citeproc (0.3.0.1) to create the > documents. > Citation file and csl are defined in YAML in the markdown documents, where > I also use package \csquotes. > > The json entry looks like this: > > ~~~ > {"id":"noauthor_stamp_1932","container-title":"Daily > Mirror","event-place":"London","issued":{"date-parts":[[1932,4,30]]},"language":"en","page":"9","publisher-place":"London","title":"Stamp > out these bandits!","title-short":"Stamp out these > bandits!","type":"article-newspaper"}, > ~~~ > > A few notes: > - The error occurs whether or not I use the pandoc-quotes.lua to get my > German quotation marks. > - The error occurs with different csl files > - The error occurs whether I use the default LaTeX engine or use XeTeX. > - The error also occurs when exporting a .bib file from Zotero (whether in > BibTeX or BibLaTeX) > > I would very much appreciate any assistance in solving this problem! > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4a594f48-0c39-4c71-9920-2fdc9ad05ac3n%40googlegroups.com.