* Multi File Input - Problems with image paths
@ 2016-11-18 11:00 Juergen
       [not found] ` <0f170889-717a-4380-8234-bf6a66f584ae-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Juergen @ 2016-11-18 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,
I have the following problem (Windows):
When creating a PDF consisting of multiple MD files, the images are not
found.

Situation:
Root folder

    Folder1
        Image folder (contains the images, e.g 001.png)
        index.md

    Folder2
        image folder
        index.md

In the MD file the images are defined with relative paths:
![](image/001.png)

The prompt is started in the root folder:

pandoc -N  --template=template.tex --variable mainfont="Arial" --variable
sansfont="Arial" --variable monofont="Arial" --variable fontsize=12pt
D:\Dokumente\5D-Cloud\Documentation\example\e1\index.md
D:\Dokumente\5D-Cloud\Documentation\example\e2\index.md
D:\Dokumente\5D-Cloud\Documentation\example\e3\index.md
--latex-engine=xelatex --toc -o "multi-md.pdf"

The PDF document was created correctly - but the images are missing
I can not change the folder structure.
Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks a lot
Jürgen

* Re: Multi File Input - Problems with image paths
       [not found] ` <0f170889-717a-4380-8234-bf6a66f584ae-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-18 15:35   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-18 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Pandoc will resolve relative paths relative to the
working directory, not the directory containing
the md file.

In fact, it doesn't have any way of determining
the latter.  The contents of all command line
arguments are concatenated before the parser gets
called:

    pandoc a b

is more or less equivalent to

    cat a b | pandoc

as is standard for unix programs that can be used
as pipes.

So I'm afraid you'll have to reorganize a bit in order to
use pandoc.

+++ Juergen [Nov 18 16 03:00 ]:

@ 2016-11-21  6:16   ` Juergen
From: Juergen @ 2016-11-21  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)