* Checking the type of an AST value?
@ 2019-05-13  4:48 Axel Rauschmayer
       [not found] ` <7568353b-0873-4270-9450-3f97f0377ddd-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Axel Rauschmayer @ 2019-05-13  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

My use case is similar to the following code (taken from pagebreak.lua in
the example repository):

-- Turning paragraphs which contain nothing but a form feed
-- characters into line breaks.
function Para (el)
  if #el.content == 1 and el.content[1].text == '\f' then
    return newpage(FORMAT)
  end
end

Question: How do I check the type of an AST value? Here, it is done by
checking whether the value has the field .text (implying an instance of
pandoc.Str), but that doesn’t always work. A work-around would be to walk
the value and set a flag to true if a handler is invoked. But I was hoping
there is something simpler.

* Re: Checking the type of an AST value?
       [not found] ` <7568353b-0873-4270-9450-3f97f0377ddd-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-05-13  6:27   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCdciC-kCBRdahv8agj2Fv_0Y1PUhFW4CnRAMCLVP8M6g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2019-05-13  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)