Am Sonntag, 16. August 2015 19:56:02 UTC+2 schrieb kurt.p…@googlemail.com: > > Am Sonntag, 16. August 2015 03:44:39 UTC+2 schrieb Yuki Fujiwara: >> >> Let's discuss to make Pandoc logo. >> >> The logo strongly represent the existence of Pandoc and briefly show what >> it is. >> This will be useful when we make a presentation. >> To expand Pandoc to the world, the logo will be important. >> >> We need to discuss about: >> >> - What is the concept of logo design? >> - Who can design the logo or how can we recruit designers? >> >> or additional questions will be appeared. >> >> -- >> Yuki FUJIWARA >> sky.y...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org >> > > > It would definitely be nice if Pandoc had a logo of its own. (I just > recently was asked for when when I submitted a talk about Pandoc+Markdown > for a FOSS event, but unfortunately I found one for Markdown only). > > However, it's also difficult to come up with a compelling idea for such a > logo, unless you are a very gifted and creative artist (and also have had > some exposition to Pandoc's features at work). > > Anybody having connections to other FOSS communities like Gimp or Inkscape > or LibreGraphicWorld.org folks could just ask there if there are volunteers > who want to come up with visual suggestions... > A Pandoc logo should look much more simple than this graphic, while expressing a similar amount of functionality: [image: Swiss Army Knife (ultimate version)] without at the same time conveying a feeling *“But this is an utterly impractical and un-handy tool!”*. In other words: it should square the circle :-) ​ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4c7820be-d8a9-4293-a7ab-319f11788983%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.