* Help: Pandoc is removing $ and next character on md to docx
@ 2021-05-24 19:14 Phil
       [not found] ` <ba2652d0-4561-4680-9e5f-46bbd7b6dc09n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Phil @ 2021-05-24 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am having a problem with dollar signs getting removed on a markdown to
docx conversion.

My markdown with "$10 to $65" shows in docx output as "0 to 5"

This is pandoc version 2.9.2.1

Here is the command I am running:
pandoc -f markdown+multiline_tables+hard_line_breaks+mmd_title_block
--reference-doc=refDoc.docx --output=tmp.docx tmp.txt"

Any idea how to fix? I don't see anything in version notes to suggest
upgrading pandoc from my current version would address an issue with dollar
signs. I've become aware of tex_math_dollars extension, but documentation
seems to suggest my input formatting should be exempted from this.

Thanks.

* Re: Help: Pandoc is removing $ and next character on md to docx
       [not found] ` <ba2652d0-4561-4680-9e5f-46bbd7b6dc09n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-24 20:39   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2bl8zooh1.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-24 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil, pandoc-discuss

Phil <phillipruppert-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I am having a problem with dollar signs getting removed on a markdown to
> docx conversion.
>
> My markdown with "$10 to $65" shows in docx output as "0 to 5"
>
> This is pandoc version 2.9.2.1

My first advice would be to try upgrading (we're on 2.13).
But I don't think that's the issue.

> Here is the command I am running:
> pandoc -f markdown+multiline_tables+hard_line_breaks+mmd_title_block
> --reference-doc=refDoc.docx --output=tmp.docx tmp.txt"

> Any idea how to fix? I don't see anything in version notes to suggest
> upgrading pandoc from my current version would address an issue with dollar
> signs. I've become aware of tex_math_dollars extension, but documentation
> seems to suggest my input formatting should be exempted from this.

tex_math_dollars is enabled by default in pandoc's 'markdown', so you
could try disabling it.  -f markdown-tex_math_dollars+hard_line_breaks etc.

But I don't really see how you could be getting the results
you say you are, even with this extension enabled.
To say more, I'd need a minimal markdown input sufficient
for generating the issue.  But first try upgrading.

@ 2021-05-24 20:51       ` Phil
From: Phil @ 2021-05-24 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss