Den 2017-10-16 kl. 17:44, skrev iromise: > When I use pandoc to transform markdown format table in which there is some > Chinese character to rst format table,the generated table seems some wrong. [snip] > > is there any way I can solved it? thanks. > > Does it help to replace those spaces you actually have in the source with non-breaking spaces? "You can insert a non-breaking space in Pandoc Markdown by typing a backslash followed by an ordinary space character. Otherwise setting a high --columns value is the way to go. If the table in your example is typical --columns=250 would be about enough, and shouldn't be a problem on modern screens. I often need tables with many narrow columns, and then I need to set --columns=200 in order to not get unwanted line breaks in the middle of (Western script) words. Moreover this particular table looks like it could profitably be reformatted as a definition list, since it has only two columns (see the attached file!) /bpj -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4f48a015-3dc7-f663-81d5-a1d74333304b%40gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.