* Difinition lists in markdown_strict and markdown_github output
@ 2013-10-27 15:03 BP Jonsson
       [not found] ` <526D2B2D.7000200-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2013-10-27 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm just trying to write a script which turns this

~~~~{.markdown_pandoc}
Term 1
:   Definition 1.1
:   Definition 1.2

     Definition 1.2.a

:   Definition 1.3
Term 2
:   Definition 2.1
     :   Definition 2.1.1
:   Definition 2.2
~~~~

into this

~~~~{.markdown_strict}
-   Term 1
     -   Definition 1.1
     -   Definition 1.2

         Definition 1.2.a

     -   Definition 1.3
-   Term 2
     -   Definition 2.1
         -   Definition 2.1.1
     -   Definition 2.2
~~~~

since that seems to me to be the semantically closest equivalent
in vanilla markdown.

In fact I wonder if this couldn't be made the built-in
behavior/format for definition lists in markdown_strict and
markdown_github output? The current behavior utterly destroys the
semantics, which surely makes noone happy:

~~~~
Term 1
Definition 1.1

Definition 1.2

Definition 1.2.a

Definition 1.3

Term 2
Definition 2.1
Definition 2.1.1

Definition 2.2

~~~~

/bpj

* Re: Difinition lists in markdown_strict and markdown_github output
       [not found] ` <526D2B2D.7000200-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-27 20:14   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20131027201413.GC796-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-27 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I like the idea of changing the behavior this way when the
definition_lists extension is disabled.  Could you put up an
issue on the issue tracker?

+++ BP Jonsson [Oct 27 13 16:03 ]:

@ 2013-10-27 20:44       ` BP Jonsson
From: BP Jonsson @ 2013-10-27 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)