Hi Alan. I have gone through some of the issues you're experiencing. We also get an official "corporate" word template, which unfortunately has been designed by graphic designers and not Word power users. Thus the template is difficult to work with, using many custom styles alternative to the standard ones like "This is my corporate title 3" (which is actually a level 2 title....), and suffering from bad choices like exact line spacing, or hard-to-change default fonts, or messing up the navigation panel. Since we only get new templates every 1-2 years, what I do is I replicate the look and feel of the template in a sensible way (using standard style names, and taking advantage of what Word offers). If I get flack for doing it, I can always create aliases to the standard styles with the "new" names. In the end I start with a much better working template that uses standard styles. I try to leave pagebreaks for level 1 titles (easy to define in the style, like you said). If I *really* need additional pagebreaks, I can always use a lua filter with a specific code-word in my markdown, but that is usually an indication that something is not quite as "clean" as it should be. IMHO the hardest part to get is the second page of the document, if your template has specific items there such as a table with metadata from the document, etc. Especially if that has to come before the index. If you can get by having the index in the second page, you should be able to do most of what you want anyway. Knowing that you can include document properties in your heading/footer reference doc, makes it really easy to customize the first page (different from the rest) and the rest of the document with your title, department, whatever-you-need. Pagenumbers definitely work! Another thing that is not easily doable is if your template has different section formatting (like a last page without header/footer). I've only successfully worked with one-section reference docs. Good luck and BR, Agustín. On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 4:26:26 PM UTC+2, Alan wrote: > > Thanks John, Jesse > > Yes, I meant page breaks. Sorry for not being clear. > The raw openxml block approach works well, thanks for that. I need to mull > over whether to support a replacement element in the source document (eg > the horiz line) or just do something like add page breaks before L1 > headers, but either way it should be doable. > > Footers: my reference.docx has got a footer, but it contains two elements: > an image and a page number. The page number text isn't making it to the > pandoc output, but the image is. I'm still tinkering with this to see if I > figure out what's going wrong. > > regards > Alan > > > > On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM Jesse Rosenthal > wrote: > >> John MacFarlane > writes: >> >> > You should be able to insert page breaks using a lua >> > filter, though. (You'd need to figure out exactly >> > what openxml code to insert as raw openxml.) >> >> The openxml is: >> >> >> >> So you should be able to insert that as a RawBlock with format "openxml". >> >> >> >> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/52a0ab63-6bb8-4d35-9736-c6a654fc5982%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.