* markdown output with CSL rendered?
@ 2014-06-27 22:00 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <53ADE960.1050502-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2014-06-27 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I wish all markdown based tools used pandoc, but alas they do not.
Hence, when I have some markdown with citations (e.g., '[@Smith2012]')
and I want to use it on my blog, I have to convert it to HTML, then back
to markdown, and then tweak.

I believe every output format _except_ `markdown` runs pandoc-citeproc
if specified. (1) Why not `markdown`? (2) Is there a way to force it to
expand citations?

* Re: markdown output with CSL rendered?
       [not found] ` <53ADE960.1050502-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-06-27 23:32   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20140627233206.GF29984-0VdLhd/A9Pm0ooXD8Eul3cvGpKv5k03bTVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2014-06-27 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Joseph Reagle [Jun 27 14 18:00 ]:
>I wish all markdown based tools used pandoc, but alas they do not.
>Hence, when I have some markdown with citations (e.g., '[@Smith2012]')
>and I want to use it on my blog, I have to convert it to HTML, then back
>to markdown, and then tweak.
>
>I believe every output format _except_ `markdown` runs pandoc-citeproc
>if specified. (1) Why not `markdown`? (2) Is there a way to force it to
>expand citations?

pandoc -t markdown-citations

@ 2014-06-28  1:37       ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2014-06-28  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 06/27/2014 07:32 PM, John MacFarlane wrote:
>> I believe every output format _except_ `markdown` runs
>> pandoc-citeproc if specified. (1) Why not `markdown`? (2) Is there
>> a way to force it to expand citations?
>
> pandoc -t markdown-citations

Great! I had not seen that on [1].

[1]: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#general-options