* order of references and footnotes in epub
@ 2014-11-05 14:00 Jan Ulrich Hasecke
       [not found] ` <545A2D74.6000602-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2014-11-05 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi all,

in case that anyone has the same problem, here is a solution.

I am creating an epub with many chapters. Footnotes always appear at the
end of a chapter, which is fine.

Unfortunately the footnotes of the last chapter appear after the chapter
"References".

Solution:

Insert a hard space after the headline like this:

# References

\

Then footnotes of the last chapter will appear before the reference.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or not.

juh

--
Software-Dokumentation mit Sphinx
http://www.amazon.de/dp/1497448689/

* Re: order of references and footnotes in epub
       [not found] ` <545A2D74.6000602-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-11-05 17:28   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20141105172829.GF39946-0VdLhd/A9Pm0ooXD8Eul3QV/cM5bZUxVaxvHy9gZ5WyVc3sceRu5cw@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2014-11-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Is this an ebook reader issue or a pandoc issue?  The only way to find
out would be to see the epub produced by pandoc that gives you notes
after the references.  You can unzip the epub container using `unzip`:
it is just a zip file.  You should see the xhtml files for each chapter.
Are the footnotes for the penultimate chapter in the xhtml file that
contains the references chapter?  If so, bug in pandoc, which I'd like
to diagnose.  Otherwise, sounds like a problem with the reader.

+++ Jan Ulrich Hasecke [Nov 05 14 15:00 ]:

@ 2014-11-05 19:19       ` Jan Ulrich Hasecke
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2014-11-05 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It's in the epub. Without the hard space it has only one ch001.xhtml,
with the hard space there are two chapter files: ch001.xhtml and
ch002.xhtml with the reference heading.