* \part in LaTeX input
@ 2015-01-25 19:51 Tobias Klausmann
       [not found] ` <20150125195130.GA130821-Brwozo4T/gDUAozeIJHHVY4/OD0De0NW@public.gmane.org>
From: Tobias Klausmann @ 2015-01-25 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

Near as I can tell, the highest level of structure that PanDoc
currently handles for LaTeX inputs is \chapter. However, I'd like
to use \part. For pdflatex, it results in a separate page with
the title of the part centered vertically and horizontally. I
understand that this is not achievable with all outputs, but all
I require is for it to work with EPUB and maybe XHTML.

It doesn't even have to mimic the layout of pdflatex (though it
would be nice), but having it as the topmost level of headings is
sort of the requirements. I tried patching things over using a
custom macre thatt would basically expand to:

\clearpage \begin{center}\Huge #1\end{center} \clearpage

But that didn't work, either. Pandoc's habit of quietly dropping
LaTeX stuff it doesn't quite understand can be very frustrating
there.

Anyone got a solution? Or should I open a pandoc bug/issue?

Regards,
Tobias